• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC rod replacement

MadDog

Veteran CEG'er
The IMRC (I hope I have the correct - the rod that opens up the secondaries - part 9S523) rod fell out of my car a year or two ago. In order to replace it, I will have to pull the accordion off the throttle body (again, I hope I have the correct) to put the IMRC rod back in. I am worried that after 202K miles, the accordion will be brittle and might crack. Does Ford still manufacture this, or is there a alternate part that can be used ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

Your accordian tube will be just fine. Just be careful around those thin red/green colored vac lines. Those break/crack easy.

Thanks for the advice (aha ! "Air Inlet Pipe"). My next question is: the thin red/green vac lines - are those standard piping ? I figure I ought to look twice before I leap and do something that will take my daily driver out of commission.

Of course... if I take the accordion off, maybe I should take off the UIM and clean it out........this never ends, does it ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

You know I have a set of toothbrushes I use for cleaning objects in the house (O-C warning !). While in the garage tonight working on a car door, I was suddenly struck with the thought that I ought to take the door off entirely, strip it down to every nut and bolt and clean each piece.

That _cant_ be a good thought. NO, I wont tear each door down entirely. There has to be a limit. I hope.

Mad Dog

You know I have a set of toothbrushes I use for cleaning objects in the house (O-C warning !). While in the garage tonight working on a car door, I was suddenly struck with the thought that I ought to take the door off entirely, strip it down to every nut and bolt and clean each piece.

That _cant_ be a good thought. NO, I wont tear each door down entirely. There has to be a limit. I hope.

Mad Dog

I do that every other weekend lol

I will console myself with the thought that while I could tear it down to the last piece, my wife would kill me. Soooo, maybe I wont tear it all the way down.

Mad Dog

Back