• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC on portmatched setup

compudude86

CEG'er
I am planning a 3L portmatched setup, but I am unsure as to what to do with the IMRC. Would it even matter if the IMRC functions, as the ports are split at the head? Would I noticed any LOSS in HP or torque if I removed the butterflies and the rods, welded up the rod holes and did a port/polish on them?

the imrc works exactly the same way on a port matched 3L as it does on the 2.5 you just bolt it right back up and change nothing

Ok, I would keep the secondaries, but would I change the RPM at which they open, or is stock fine?

up to you and the person tuning the car. The advantage is this build will run on the stock tune. I do believe some have had the openning point changed in the tune but I want to say it isn't by that much.

Leave them alone. Bolt them on and run them like they would on a stock motor. If you remove them you'll loose a ton of low end power/tq. It's only beneficial to remove them on FI cars.

Back