• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Important question about fuel rail.

GhostofAkina1

CEG'er
I have a pretty simple question and it might seem dumb, but I am installing a 3L built hybrid from a 98 svt, which used an svt fuel rail and I believe it was the return style. So my question is can I just throw the engine in my 2000svt or do I have to put my returnless fuel rail in the 3L? Or what is the process to make this work, any help is greatly appreciated.

assuming the wiring harness is the same for both, then yes u can. simply switch out the fuel rail systems, and u're done. be sure to use ur returnless injectors. not sure what color those are, but i know the return style ones are yellow. Or if u like, u can keep the returnstyle fuel rail and switch out ur entire fueling system for a return style...;) lol

yes u can. simply switch out the fuel rail systems, and u're done. be sure to use ur returnless injectors. not sure what color those are, but i know the return style ones are yellow. Or if u like, u can keep the returnstyle fuel rail and switch out ur entire fueling system for a return style...;) lol

Ok cool that really helped, lol Ill go to returnstyle style just to make my life harder.:crazy:

no no no.... you want to use your 2000 injector harness, returnless injectors, and returnless fuel rail in order for it to work.

no no no.... you want to use your 2000 injector harness, returnless injectors, and returnless fuel rail in order for it to work.

assuming the wiring harness is the same for both, then yes u can. simply switch out the fuel rail systems, and u're done. be sure to use ur returnless injectors. not sure what color those are, but i know the return style ones are yellow. Or if u like, u can keep the returnstyle fuel rail and switch out ur entire fueling system for a return style...;) lol

isnt that what i said sam:)?

well not really but im not hating. Just clearing it up.

You should come to the svttour's school of Contour for a semester and really learn some cool things.

well not really but im not hating. Just clearing it up.

You should come to the svttour's school of Contour for a semester and really learn some cool things.

lol. i know u're not hating:). i'm sure i've still got a bunch to learn. u guyz do this stuff all the time. some of us, not so much. thats why we've got all u pros on the boards.

thanks man too bad some people dont appreciate the pros as much as they should.

Oh ok that helps even more, by the way I didnt want to use my old fuel injectors that had a lot of miles on them. I went to rock auto and looked up prices and boch's go for 70 and motorcraft ones go for 60, is this for a set of six or for each?!

And yea Austin is a pretty cool place, downtown gets pretty crazy as I'm sure Dallas does too, but sadly svt contours are pretty much nonexistent.

I would say that is for ea. you can get a used set from time to time on here for like 45 but I dont see anything wrong with reusing your green returnless injectors.

Im using some that have almost 400k miles on a 3L with no issues.

Oh ok that helps even more, by the way I didnt want to use my old fuel injectors that had a lot of miles on them. I went to rock auto and looked up prices and boch's go for 70 and motorcraft ones go for 60, is this for a set of six or for each?!

And yea Austin is a pretty cool place, downtown gets pretty crazy as I'm sure Dallas does too, but sadly svt contours are pretty much nonexistent.

svts are non existent here as well. i've seen 2 treds in the 6 months i've been here. for all i know, they could be the same one.

I would say that is for ea. you can get a used set from time to time on here for like 45 but I dont see anything wrong with reusing your green returnless injectors.

Im using some that have almost 400k miles on a 3L with no issues.

yup. injectors die hard. re-use urs. i'm doing a swap right now, and i plan on using the 200k injectors on it. might be a good idea to replace the o-rings tho...

Ok good to hear these can hold up so long, yea these things are insanely priced new. Oh in Austin Ive seen like 3 svt contours and one was my brothers. lol

My 3L was finished today and when I drove it home I had a big smile on my face, I was like :drool:. It actually runs much smoother than my old 2.5. The the extra power is noticeable, and this is without a lof of mods like tuning, catback, etc... Overall Im really glad I decided to do it, I want to drive it some more lol. Anyways just thought Id share my experience.

Back