• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Im Thinking about removing the a/c compressor

ilovesvt

Veteran CEG'er
Ive been thinking about remove my a/c compressor anybody who has done this know what belt i should get like a part number or something from another car,my wiring is jacked in that general area and it has a leak and dont even know if the a/c compressor works,and who knows what else might be wrong with it.....dont want to really put time or money into the a/c so im going to remove everything a/c since ill be driving it in the winter spring months only anyways and maybe i can drop 35 pounds or so in the process. so just wondering what belt you guys use thanks

Nice,never new they made that, thanks i will probabaly order that unless there is a smaller belt i can use since belts run like 10 -15 bucks lol didnt want to spend that much unless i had to lol.

yes, just use the smaller belt. do not use that AC delete bracket/pulley as they have been known to break.

Thanks thats good to know that they break that could be a nightmare on the freeway,the belt is cheaper too....lol

Just ordered mine from rockauto.com this morning and its shipped already. I think it was $16 for the non a/c belt i got.
Local advanced wanted $30 and had to order it too.

Just ordered mine from rockauto.com this morning and its shipped already. I think it was $16 for the non a/c belt i got.
Local advanced wanted $30 and had to order it too.
Cool thanks for letting me know,ill get it from there or ebay,right now its just to hot to do anything might have to wait till at list when its in the 90 deg range lol 100+ is just to warm for me to work on a car lol

Back