• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

im.....so.....happy.....

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
well you all have heard me complaining about my clutch job from months back (thanks #49) and he told me.....and i didnt listen.

CSVT#49: Dude, after we drop this thing on the ground you should retorque those axle nuts, or after you drive a few miles, so leave the centercaps off.

Clockwork: Ahhh sure sure lets just throw these bastages on so we can drive this sumbich........

CSVT#49: okay......uh.........yeah ok

ClOckwOrk: (2 weeks later) wtf i have some weird vibration when i turn

CSVT#49: yeah did you retorque those axles?

ClOckwOrk: Oh sheeat..... im gonna do that today....

well, the vibration never went away. and it put a little groove on the brake rotor because the WHEEL BEARING went out. well it wore out the tire too, of course. oh well i tore them when i launched at 10psi :D shoddy tires anyhow. well long and short of it, the wheel bearing is replaced, and i now have my steering response back, it goes in a straight line, and doesnt make my passenger axle pop when i turn too sharp. woohoo!

thanks for the advice #49, but next time beat it into my skull, that cost me 80$ by the time i got it and pressed it in. :)

oh and sorry man i just got done its 9pm so im gonna have to stop by maybe tomorrow evening for some shots, i wanna get a couple too so i'll have to buff up the contour for the camera ;)

Back