• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"I'm back"

Jose 5er

New CEG'er
Hey guys, well I'm back, for the ones that don't know me or don't remember me I owned a 97 T-red SE in Salt Lake with juice and lots of extras. about 3 years ago i crashed the baby thus me getting rid of it, Well just goes to show that it is back in my drive way with 50k miles more LOTS more dings that i would like to count, but with that same V6 that I loved so much. It still carries the scar of when i crash it on the gard rail on I-15 (thanks to the stupid great Utah weather) but never-the-less it sits now in my garage waiting to be srtripped down to the bare metal on the inside and out. The plan is to race it in the SCCA, and after I have destroyed the V6 with 141k on it, rebuild a 3L with all the bells a whistles to race it for fun at the Miller track. I know that such distruction of an oldie but goodie is a shame but I think i can have alot more fun with it in that manner, than try to put thousands of dollars of reparis and parts. So I'm gald to be back things haven't changed much I see just some people left some stayed.

Well I'll post pics on what I have (First i have to figure out how to post them) and if anyone needs or would like anything from the interior let me know and I'll see what I can do first come first serve. the only thing is it might me a few months for me to start taking things out.

Jose 97

You are crazy!

Welcome back to the fold of us crazies that just cant seem to leave.
I dont think anyone of the "original" crew has a tour anymore.

Welcome back, Jose. :)
I still lurk around, but I haven' had my SVT since Jan of '06. You might see it out in Tooele, though. :)

Back