• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Idea for the system.

umm put them into ur remote turn on wire that way when the car turns on so do the fans. or at least thats how it looks. umm plexiglass is nice and dont go over board with blue very sutle

Well, I was bull****ting with Shawn and he thinks that wiring it to the distribution block wouldn't be a good idea since it's such a small gauge wire. The wire leading into the block is a 4 gauge. The fan wires are smaller than 18 gauge.

Would it be possible to wire each separately into the cars stock speaker wires that aren't being used anymore (factory amp is removed)?

Here's the specs of the fan so it's not a guessing game.

Specifications:

* Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
* Rated Voltage: 12VDC
* Operating Voltage: 10.2~13.8VDC
* Air Flow: 37.44CFM
* Static Pressure: 0.035 In-H2O
* Input Power: 3.0W
* Speed: 950rpm +/-10%
* Noise: 19.66dBA
* Weight: 135g
* Operating Temperature: -10°C to +70°
* Bearing: Sleeve

just find a 12v source that's on with the key and splice it there and you're done. there's gotta be something in the trunk.

Use a relay. Have the feed from the REM ANT go to the relay and have it feed the ANT and the fans. That is exactly how I did it, so the fans would only turn on when needed, when the amps were on.

Thanks for the info Shaggy, I'll look into it more when I get it all together.

On the flip side of all this...I think I'm going to have to disassemble it.

Why you might ask? I can't get it in the trunk. :laugh:

So I'm going to take some of it apart so I can finagle it in. :cool:

Who thinks my box would look good wrapped in the material I used on my headliner?

Also, I plan on building a box to go around the battery, yay or nay? I'd be replacing the metal frame it has on it now with a box wrapped in the material from my headliner.

Battery should be in the trunk! Build a nice box for it and only cover with the same material if you change the material in the trunk, or at least line the bottom of the rear deck.

Also, I plan on building a box to go around the battery, yay or nay? I'd be replacing the metal frame it has on it now with a box wrapped in the material from my headliner.

i wanted to fab up a cover for it, but i would leave the tray/bracket there. i mean, it's solid as hell...you can hang off it and that battery ain't movin' nowhere.

if you take it off, what's gonna hold the battery still?? i'd look to cover it as opposed to remove it.

i dont' wanna tell you what to do...but you seriously should just cover it up. I mean the whole assy is solid aluminum (it cost me like $120!). no other battery tie down kit you buy is gonna compare. it's also specifically made for the optima. test it out yourself, give it your hardest yank!

you could flip that car and the battery ain't goin' nowhere

you should just cover it IMO.

minibox.jpg

wow...a little big lol!

i think there's room to move the tray further into the corner...part of the reason it was never covered.

maybe some thinner material as well?

I make do with what I have on hand. :shrug:

I like it, considering I did it by myself without any sleep in the last 24 hours.

im not criticizing, if you're happy with it then it's fine. i thought it was just a mock-up

Last edited:
It's a "for now" thing. When I'm not broke, I'll do it right. ;)

Now, anyone care to tell me which material looks better?
whichone.jpg

Was that a quick turn around time? :laugh:

As for the inside looking utterly rough, I ran out of scrap wood to make a cover for it, so when I get a chance I'll have my step dad bring home a bunch of scrap (he's a contractor). :cool:

Back