• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: ST220 uim gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I still think you'll need luck.
You seem like a good guy and I like your build, but I just think its funny that after you go and track one down, all of a sudden (paraphrasing your other posts) they're not anything special, they're easy to find and they're cheap. Obviously they have several benefits (the reason we both spent time to get one here) but I've just been amused by some of your posts since you got one. And I don't see this going further than getting 2 more here max, why I said good luck.
-J

First off thanks for the compliments. However I disagree with your paraphrasing a little. First, I never said the intake was "nothing special". They truly are something special here in the US, but not overseas. As all of the MK3 3.0L Mondeo's had them. I don't know if I would go to the extent to say they are easy to find and cheap. They are not as hard to find as people make them out to be, and while i bought mine for ~$250 shipped (a lot cheaper then the prices I've heard of $1500), I wouldn't consider $250 cheap considering you can pick up common intakes in yards for around $50.

The reason I bought my intake was because I wanted as much flow as possible. I could not extrude hone a plastic intake to obtain the gains I was looking for so the ST220 intake seemed to be the logically choice.

That said since I've always seen that people were asking crazy prices for their intakes and there was a general consensus that these intakes were impossible to find (I found mine after looking for an 1hr, if that) I decided I'd ask the guy that I bought mine from (a yard in the UK) if he had a few more that he could sell me. This way I could offer an oppurtinity for others to get these intakes

Keep it up Mike!

We need more people willing to take on a challenge, otherwise this platform would not end up with all the cool toys we have!! :laugh:

I assumed how you were going to go about getting others the intake, I think its great to try and even asked the guy I got mine from about the same possibility.
Basically I'm guessing its going to be too much of a hassle on their part and may run into export issues if the start sending alot.
Still, like I said, good luck.
-J

1. SJon85 - depending on time frame
2. Nezerconezer
3. Schattastic SVT - depending on price
4. OB1

1. Nezerconezer
2. Schattastic SVT - depending on price
3. OB15.

I am out, just bought a Jeep.

Just updating everyone on this. I have been sending information and people are getting intakes.

1. Nezerconezer (Information relayed, successfully completed transaction)
2. Schattastic SVT - depending on price (PM'd info)
3. OB15.

Mike, I'm interested.. but not sure if it's feasible yet. How long do you think you'll be offering this? I avoided this temptation because I have an ADC i/c, which only works with the 2.5 UIM. I think the i/c is leaking though... so if I have to have a new one made, I'd want it to fit this UIM.

Mike, I'm interested.. but not sure if it's feasible yet. How long do you think you'll be offering this? I avoided this temptation because I have an ADC i/c, which only works with the 2.5 UIM. I think the i/c is leaking though... so if I have to have a new one made, I'd want it to fit this UIM.

Not sure. There are a few people I'm in contact with over in the UK and as they come available they let me know. I just pass the info on to the next person in line. I guess I'll offer it for as long as I continue to receive updates from these guys or whenever I get tired of forwarding the information on :shrug:

Fair enough. I'd like to get in line then ;)

1. Nezerconezer (Information relayed, successfully completed transaction)
2. Schattastic SVT - depending on price (PM'd info)
3. OB15.
4. morbid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back