• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: ST220 uim gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Just throwing this out there to see what kind of interest people would have in buying in on them. I'm working with the guy I bought mine from to see if he can get a few more UIM's. Pricing I'm guessing will be anywhere between $250-300 including shipping. I would want to have at least 5 people to get this going, but it will be first come first serve as I am not sure how many he will be able to find.

Lets get a list going....

Interested for sure! I had always thought the price was about $800 for these, $300 I can afford. What TB is recommended for these? And is the cable and everything the same as a taurus UIM setup?

i am not up to date on these intake manifolds. is there more information on them?

Search, I have read many debates/threads about this intake manifold, and they are pretty rare as well.

Alright so I don't have to keep sifting through everyones posts lets get a list going. Here is what I saw so far...

1. SJon85
2. Nezerconezer
3. Schattastic SVT - depending on price

1. SJon85 - depending on time frame
2. Nezerconezer
3. Schattastic SVT - depending on price

I would maybe just need a little while to get the funds once this does become final as I am in the middle of my build and don't have unlimited funds at this point. Unless you can find me one right now for this price?

Sounds like a great buy! Great work on sourcing them. I unfortunetaly am stuck on keeping my engine bay looking original. As I hate the way the 3Ls look!

- amyn

okay, ive read a bit on these things, and they seem like theyre a bit of work to get to work. how much of a deal is this group buy? ive seen people saying they spent upwards of a thousand on these? is that right?

okay, ive read a bit on these things, and they seem like theyre a bit of work to get to work. how much of a deal is this group buy? ive seen people saying they spent upwards of a thousand on these? is that right?

Sorry I never got back to you on your PM. I personally do not think theres is a lot work to make them function on a 3L. Also yes people have spent boat loads of money on these in the past. Searching will save you a lot of questions.

I'm still working with my source to see if he can work with us. However it is looking as if I would need to purchase them individually as they become available at the moment, which isn't entirely appealing to me. Although I am not giving up hope on you guys. I'll dig in a little deeper and see if I can find another way. Until then keep the list going.

I'm still working with my source to see if he can work with us. However it is looking as if I would need to purchase them individually as they become available at the moment, which isn't entirely appealing to me. Although I am not giving up hope on you guys. I'll dig in a little deeper and see if I can find another way. Until then keep the list going.

So if that is the case will I be first in line to get one? I have cash ready as well.

Why thank you. However I don't need luck :cool:

They know I'm looking for a few so they will notify me if they are available.
Well, I still think you'll need luck.
You seem like a good guy and I like your build, but I just think its funny that after you go and track one down, all of a sudden (paraphrasing your other posts) they're not anything special, they're easy to find and they're cheap. Obviously they have several benefits (the reason we both spent time to get one here) but I've just been amused by some of your posts since you got one. And I don't see this going further than getting 2 more here max, why I said good luck.
-J

Well, I still think you'll need luck.
You seem like a good guy and I like your build, but I just think its funny that after you go and track one down, all of a sudden (paraphrasing your other posts) they're not anything special, they're easy to find and they're cheap. Obviously they have several benefits (the reason we both spent time to get one here) but I've just been amused by some of your posts since you got one. And I don't see this going further than getting 2 more here max, why I said good luck.
-J

CSVT#49, prove him wrong. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back