• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Phone Cases Real Carbon Fiber Hand Crafted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisDaniak

I am known as Chupa-Chup
Going into business with someone and just seeing if anyone has interest.
We can make a cover for any phone. These are hand made with real carbon fiber and are for the backs of phones. They will have all holes made for any cameras or side buttons etc.
24 Cases or less is $45 a piece
25 Cases or more is $35 a piece.
Give or take a few extra dollars for shipping.

If you would be interested in this start compiling a list that constitutes of your name and your phone that you would like it for.

We can do many colors such as regular CF, black, white, red, orange, pink, blue, etc you name it and I will let you know if it is possible.

Here are some pictures of one of the first prototypes made for a G1 phone. The quality on these cases is fantastic and I figure i'd give you all a chance to get them at this low price first before stores start placing orders.

SDC10143.jpg

SDC10145.jpg

SDC10146.jpg

Neat! I don't like cf but i like this.

How are the 2 pieces connected?

Beans, these are only for the backings of phones as most people prefer only the back piece being protected.

blackberry curve. do it up!

edit: wait, this is for the back of the phone only?

Yes.

How are these attached? iPhone 3G?

The first type was made to be attached with double sided tape, but now getting it more professionally made we are going to have it basically clip right on as most others do.

Motorola Droid, and make it one piece so you can't slide open the keyboard. Seriously, the keyboard is useless anyway, and I think you could potentially make a decent profit selling them. I know of a few people that would like that myself...

Motorola Droid, and make it one piece so you can't slide open the keyboard. Seriously, the keyboard is useless anyway, and I think you could potentially make a decent profit selling them. I know of a few people that would like that myself...

I'll let my producer know that, but our main purpose is a back cover for phones.

On the profit side, I have no doubts in my mind, as you will probably see our covers all over the U.S. in stores within the next month.

Side note for everyone:
If you would like to purchase one of these i'd really like a minimum of 10 people to join in. If you have outside friends who you know would like a cover and they are serious you can put them up on here on the list.
If you want one of these and your phone is not on the list, feel free to list your phone and then your name.

We would like to provide only the back covers, so if anyone on this list would only purchase these if its a front and back cover let me know and I can remove you off of the list.

iPhone:

1.KingpinSVT (3G)

Blackberry Storm:

1.CSVT#49

Motorola Droid:

1.Clubdownforce
2. flyguyeddy

Samsung Moment:

1.Mywhip

If you would like to purchase one of these i'd really like a minimum of 10 people to join in. If you have outside friends who you know would like a cover and they are serious you can put them up on here on the list.
If you want one of these and your phone is not on the list, feel free to list your phone and then your name.

We would like to provide only the back covers, so if anyone on this list would only purchase these if its a front and back cover let me know and I can remove you off of the list.

iPhone:

1.KingpinSVT (3G)

Blackberry curve:

1.Smalls

Motorola Droid:

1.Clubdownforce

Interested how the GB would work... as it looks like everyone is going to have different phones..

BlackBerry Storm (the first one)

Interested how the GB would work... as it looks like everyone is going to have different phones..

BlackBerry Storm (the first one)

The GB would work just depending on the number of interest people have on each phone. I can always talk to my producer about how he feels about making them individually, otherwise i'd say try for 5 people per phone with a minimum of 10 people in the GB, i.e 10 for one phone or 2 phones 5 people for each.

Could you make one for the Samsung Moment? But instead of just making it cover the back, i would want it to replace the back cover of the phone. The back panel slides off to reveal the battery and SD card.

Could you make one for the Samsung Moment? But instead of just making it cover the back, i would want it to replace the back cover of the phone. The back panel slides off to reveal the battery and SD card.

The point of phone covers on the back is so that things like that don't happen. It helps so that when you drop your phone your back cover doesn't fly off and your battery as well. So i'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

you can remove me from the list. i'd only be in if it was the front and back

done.

The only iphone case that is worth a damn is the Otterbox Defender series. I've tried virtually every case and have broken several iphones as a result of their crap designs. Nothing else will protect as well as Otterbox. It is dust proof, drop proof, water resistant, etc.

If you could duplicate that design (but make a minor change to avoid copyright laws) it would sell like hotcakes. I could perhaps provide the hard portion of the case for you to make a copy.

I'll let my producer know that, but our main purpose is a back cover for phones.

On the profit side, I have no doubts in my mind, as you will probably see our covers all over the U.S. in stores within the next month.

Right, it would be a "back" cover only, and just not allow the phone to slide open. Sounds dumb, but if you have ever used a droid, you'd understand how useless the keyboard is, and it would operate much like your G1 cover you've produced, just with the mentality that the droid does not slide open.

I'll see what I can round up for people that would want this case...

I posted some info in a thread in some of the Droid forums in which people are looking for a case such as I described. I'll hit you back with some information tomorrow hopefully.

The point of phone covers on the back is so that things like that don't happen. It helps so that when you drop your phone your back cover doesn't fly off and your battery as well. So i'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

Your right, but i just want to replace the door altogether with something different.

Your right, but i just want to replace the door altogether with something different.

I see, well unfortunately i don't think thats something that he's going to want to take the time out to do. Sorry I don't think we can provide that for you.

I'll have to see who else I can get interested for iPhones. Got any installed pics?

Many people will want these for their iphones, as i've seen some iphone covers cost $60 and i'd say our look is much more sleek. I will have pictures of the iphone installed pics at some point. I'm still waiting to go over to his house to pick up some samples.

Im with clubdownforce id buy one if it didnt allow my screen to slide on my droid. I dont use the keyboard anyway, and it opens in my pocket all the time.

Im with clubdownforce id buy one if it didnt allow my screen to slide on my droid. I dont use the keyboard anyway, and it opens in my pocket all the time.

Alright i will let him know that. Perhaps we could find a way to make the clips reach over the top a bit more so that it wouldn't slide but i'll see what he has in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back