• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Ford OEM main engine harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I know a lot of you guys are out there running on busted up harnesses that you may or may not have torn down and rebuilt sections as I have. All of us ahve these issues thanks to that great recall 99M03. Frankly I'm tired of screwing around with it and want a new harness in my car. So who out there would like to have a new one as well?

After being on the phone for a while and trying to narrow down the details on it the SVT Performance group account pricing through Tousley Ford gets us all of the harnesses for $1400 or $1000 (depending on MECA II or MECA III, whatever that is). Which is like 4-5 different harnesses.

However this would be just looking at the main engine harness (injectors, cam and crank sensors, IMRC, etc) and the harness along the rear of the firewall (ECM, alternator power distribution connnection, etc) I'm waiting on the group account price at which point I will ask what they can do for a GB price.

Who would be interested?

1. CSVT#49

I might just pick one of these up as precautionary measures in cas i end up with another 98svt lol count me in as interested for sure!

details,is this for the obd2 or obd1?

I'll get more details Monday when they are open again. Sat. was very busy and he did not have time to go through all of the details with me on the phone. He said he could get back with me on Monday when he got in.

I was looking into the OBD II one fore my car. However with that said we could open this up to all of the wire harnesses...

On that note does anyone know what the heck MECA II and MECA III are?

Alright well I was stupid and forgot the pricing he gave me at work, but heres the deal with approximate pricing...

98 SVT Contour, main engine harness ~$404+tax (5% over cost)
Ford only has 16 of these harnesses available and after that nothing. Then we have to contact another company for getting them made.

98 SVT Contour, rear main harness ~$270 (5% over cost)
Ford has none of these available, but he is working with another company to determine if they can get/make some for us for the same price.

So the question is how many people are interested in this with this pricing?

Wow - cheaper then expected.. Ugh - I cannot imaging messing with all those wires.. But I'm sure my Camshaft sensor wiring is shot along with the fuel injector stuff...

Wow - cheaper then expected.. Ugh - I cannot imaging messing with all those wires.. But I'm sure my Camshaft sensor wiring is shot along with the fuel injector stuff...
it is as simple as matching up plugs really Kyle. figure out the way it is in the engine bay and find that on the new harness. then start un plugging the old while plugging in the new. it isnt bad I had to do my silver cars harness.

when you say 98 SVT you mean early 98 not 98.5 and on right? the main harness to the pcm is going to be different then the 98.5 thru 99 and the 2k because of pats and then the fuel system ....

1. CSVT#49
2. icysvt
3. Black 98 CSVT
4. Newsvt

Depending on when this goes down i would be down as of now the car doesnt really even run because my wireing.. The main is everything currect? Fuel, cams, distributer , pcm, etc..??

when you say 98 SVT you mean early 98 not 98.5 and on right? the main harness to the pcm is going to be different then the 98.5 thru 99 and the 2k because of pats and then the fuel system ....

Correct. The 98.5 and up Contiques are different harnesses sand they also should not have had the wiring problem described in 99M03.

So my SVT being a 1998.5 should be safe from the wiring issue then?:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back