• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Enkei RPF1 lightweight racing wheel

Yea I was just given you crap Mike, to each there own is right, because to me that whole huge wheel tiny tire thing is ugly and useless, but thats my opinion.

And these wheels should fit over big brakes, I wont be getting them if they dont, since thats why I am having to buy new wheels in the first place.

And for an update, I am hoping this isnt one of those too good to be true things, because my contact isnt answering his phone at all.

Got a call today. First of all the reason he wasn't answering is because the tire company he has been working at for 2 years now just laid him off. He said we can still make this happen, just might be a little harder, and we would need 15 sets of the exact same wheel, same color, size, everything. I just registered with the focus forums in hopes to post this over there as well, just need to figure out how to legally post a GB thread haha.

I'm interested, if we can agree on a colour of course.....my car's black, so I'm presuming silver and black would look great, gold would be distant last choice, and since SBC is a special order, so it's that even a possibility? Am I missing anything?

Got a call today. First of all the reason he wasn't answering is because the tire company he has been working at for 2 years now just laid him off. He said we can still make this happen, just might be a little harder, and we would need 15 sets of the exact same wheel, same color, size, everything. I just registered with the focus forums in hopes to post this over there as well, just need to figure out how to legally post a GB thread haha.

Make sure you register at both FocusFanatics and FocalJet. Both are large forums

I believe FF only requires 25 posts to post in the classifieds, while focaljet requires 100 I believe

Good luck, thanks for doing this

Very interesting, but I think for the price, you can pick up some very nice Team Dynamic Racing wheels.

That's true, but the widest TD wheel you can get is only 7.5" I believe and the vast majority are 7" with a high offset.

They are very nice wheels though, I have a set of Pro Race 1.2's myself. I would like to see more quality wheel options for the platform though

I emailed the guy that ran the GB for the TD wheels, and you can special order pretty much any wheel from them. Just have to pay up front, and wait 8-10 weeks. I am looking at the pro race 1.2 wheels, 17x8 in black and weigh in at 19.8lbs. Best part is I can go pick them up locally at their distribution center. So they do offer a good amount of sizes, offsets, etc.

At over four pounds per corner (28%!!!) heavier, I would not be interested in those at any price, but that's just me.

Well the enkeis aren't going to happen as I need wheels sooner than next year and getting 15 people in on the exact same wheel is going to be difficult. Centerlines are I think like 16lbs, but they are also not 8" wide. The strength and build quality of the wheel also matters here when your going for a lightweight wheel especially for track use which is what I am buying wheels for. I would really like to find lighter wheels than the team dynamics, but I also want race proven wheels. BTW I would be paying a total of just under $800 for a set of the pro race 1.2 wheels. LMK if anyone finds something better.

ah, that's too bad...I was getting all excited about the enkei wheels....less so about the team dynamic ones....Update us later on what you end up getting.

ah, that's too bad...I was getting all excited about the enkei wheels....less so about the team dynamic ones....Update us later on what you end up getting.

Well, I just ordered the Team Dynamics. Best wheel I could find for the price and size I needed, and the guy I went through which is who ran the GB on them was fantastic to deal with.

Back