• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Enkei RPF1 lightweight racing wheel

FastFord

Hard-core CEG'er
Just wanting to see what kind of interest there is in having these wheels drilled for our 4x108 lug pattern. Haven't spoke with my contact too much about them, but I did tell him I was interested in the Enkei RPF1 wheels in a 17x8 with a +35 offset in black. But looks like they come in +45 and +35 offset, black, silver and gold, as well as plenty of other sizes which might be available, just waiting on a more specific reply on that. Heres a link to them...

http://www.enkei.com/rpf1.html#

And here is what I heard back from my contact here in Socal...

"I spoke to my connect at Enkei. The only way to get them in your fitment would be with a minimum purchase of 60 pieces or 15 sets at $200ish a wheel. If you get a group buy going with the forum kids, we can make it happen. Not bad at all for a 16 pound custom race wheel. The CCW's are almost $500 each."

So we would need a minimum of 15 people in for a full set at roughly $800, and like he said these wheels weigh 15.5lbs, they aren't a cheap wheel at all. I know most people on here aren't up for spending that much on wheels, and I am not sure on the shipping yet either, just want to see if I should pursue this any further.

I am definitely down for a set. Will we be able to pick our color, or would the GB be for all one color?

Only on a contour forum would rpf1s be consider expensive...

Anyways these are excellent wheels, and at $800 for a set that's a steal. I hope people get on board with this, we desperately need more quality wheel options. I probably won't be interested since I already have 2 quality sets of wheels, but do you think the SBC finish will be available? That would look great on a black tour.

09sti06wrx3.jpg

wow... those look nice and are pretty light! If I had the spare $, I'd totally be down for a spare 17x8 set... especially in SBC. But I wouldn't be able to be in this GB.

Aren't you going to run into fitment issues with an 8" wide wheel and +35 offset?

Depends how much you're lowered

I would think you would be able to get by with just a fender roll. Or just run a skinnier tire to accommodate. The ppg pace car runs a 235/45/17 on a +35 17x17.5, which is the correct tire size for a 17x8.

standard.jpg

I was gonna pick up a 5 lug 17x8 RPF1 and run an adapter spacer, but maybe these, if we can get them at a low price for brand new.

Personally, I'd like to run a 17x8.5 ET 25 if that's possible ^_^ Buuuutttt, I'll be fine with 17x8 ET 35 if that's the option we can go with.

Also, cross post this with the Cougar forums, as well as both Focaljet and Focus Fanatics. I'm more than positive a lot of focus guys would want in on this.

EDIT: Did some quick research on sizing and colors.

SBC is only offered in batches of 40 wheels. So you need to order at least 40 wheels to have it in that finish, or, so I've been told. Could be wrong. Wouldn't hurt to ask the representative. Also, if we can select our own sizes, I went ahead and downloaded their PDF for available sizes, I'm down for a 17x8.5 ET 30 in Silver. Unless we can do the gold, but it doesn't look like it. But wouldn't hurt to ask either.

Only on a contour forum would rpf1s be consider expensive...

Anyways these are excellent wheels, and at $800 for a set that's a steal.

Hahaha agreed. I'd be down for another quality set of wheels, as long as they aren't silver. The SBC finish would look bad azz on t-green as would gold. So if either those two finishes can be had I'll be down.

Just waiting on more info guys, called him about 5 times today with no answer. I do plan to post this on the focus forums once I have the complete details. My guess would be that we would need 15 people in on the same exact wheel and the only option will be between black and silver. But who knows, maybe we can get enough people in on different sizes and colors to do more than one group of 60 wheels.

Definitely interested. Been trying to find an affordable 16x8 or 17x8 legitimate motorsports wheel in our fitment forever.

wow, these look beautiful...I don't mean to roil the waters, but why not an 18" option? and what would people suggest for tires to run with these?

why not an 18" option? and what would people suggest for tires to run with these?
Because the purpose of these is to provide us an uncompromising lightweight performance wheel option, and on our car any choice larger than 17" is not performance-motivated. There are any number of aesthetically-motivated wheel options already available in larger sizes. This is a serious racing wheel model commonly seen in autocross and road course paddocks everywhere at a price competitive with cheap, heavy "tuner" wheels. For tires on an 8" wheel, a wide range can be mounted, but I'd stick with 225-245. My intended application would be 225/45 R-compounds.

Exactly, I am wanting a light weight wheel for track use that also clears my big brakes. These are more of a performance wheel rather than aesthetics, but they still look great to me! 18's are also known to get damaged much easier due to less tire. I would be putting them on a cougar which could be slightly different, and I have removed the wheel well liners and plan on for sure rolling the fenders if not doing something like what Pole did and cutting the excess metal off completely. I plan on running a 245/40/17

Half and half. It's harder to find recognition in performance with this car than it is show. I mean, I have another feature lined up, purely on the fact that they think it looks good, not how fast it goes. But that's just me. Everyone has their own opinion on what they do with their car.

Ok, I understand the rationale (now) for 17" wheels, and certainly can understand the qualities of having a bit more rubber on the road.....I just want to confirm that these will easily accommodate my 13" Baer front rotors.....I'm sure the answer is yes, but I defer to someone more knowledgeable, pls.

Back