• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Drive Shaft Shop Level 3.9 Axle & Hub Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. $1300??? Well, i'm really interested in a set of these. I'll finally be able to launch this bad boy with little worry. I really hope they can do sumthn about the price. Nevertheless, i'm in.

1. CSVT#49

2. 00StealthySVT

3. morbid

4. BAD SVT

5. sirmon74

Nice that is pretty solid. Five people should be enough to get Frank's interest at DSS. I should have a response from early next week. If I don't see something by Tues I will give him a call again.

1. CSVT#49
2. 00StealthySVT
3. morbid
4. BAD SVT
5. sirmon74

I would imagine they will still offer these after the GB right? Very interested to see the price difference with the GB, as I will for sure buy a set, just not sure how finances will be with the timing of this. So I am in depending on timing.

1. CSVT#49
2. 00StealthySVT
3. Morbid
4. BAD SVT
5. Sirmon74
6. Fastford

I would imagine they will still offer these after the GB right? Very interested to see the price difference with the GB, as I will for sure buy a set, just not sure how finances will be with the timing of this. So I am in depending on timing.

1. CSVT#49
2. 00StealthySVT
3. Morbid
4. BAD SVT
5. Sirmon74
6. Fastford
7.Chas (pending time frame)

Well this will be happening before mid June as I need them for my car to drive once I install the powertrain... so it will be happening by then. Not sure if that fits with your guys schedule or not.

1. CSVT#49
2. 00StealthySVT
3. Morbid
4. BAD SVT
5. Sirmon74
6. Fastford (pending time frame)
7. Chas (pending time frame)

Well this will be happening before mid June as I need them for my car to drive once I install the powertrain... so it will be happening by then. Not sure if that fits with your guys schedule or not.

That may be a little tight, as that is only 30 days away. If a deposit of say 30% will hold my price for an extra month then I can do that.

I heard back from Frank he was asking if I would be sending in my hubs to be broached, but I said I think it would be best to provide new hubs rather then having to wait for people to remove their own and send them in. I also asked him to provide me with specifics on the design as well as a group buy price for 5 people. So I should hear back from him tomorrow, if not I'll give him a call Thurs. morning.

would be a nice option in the axels if people want to save a few bucks.... have it so either you get new hubs or re-worked factory ones

Ah, what the hell, put me on the list. It is a bad idea to pass up this opportunity to get some killer axles. It's going to be a while before I could install them even if I already had the spare steering knuckles. I definitely want new hubs, not broached old hubs.

1. CSVT#49
2. 00StealthySVT
3. Morbid
4. BAD SVT
5. Sirmon74
6. Fastford (pending time frame)
8. mrspindlelegs

Just an update, Frank contacted me the other day and was asking for the amount of power I wanted these axles to hold up to. I explained that I had a target of 550-600hp at the crank with 500-550whp, which would be inline with their typical level 3.9 kits that they offer. So he is looking into the specifics on the design and will get back with me.

I hadn't heard anything from Frank for a while. I gave him a call today and found out he had been out sick for a few days and was just getting caught up. He said he was waiting on some information regarding the ABS rings and would definitely get back to me on Monday. He wants to make sure the rings will work with the CV joints he has spec'd out. So hopefully I'll have another update come Monday afternoon/night.

Alright guys I called Frank at DSS again and got a little more information from him. He is still waiting on the ABS rings to come in to test fitment on the CV joints he wants to use, but doesn't anticipate any issues. I then asked him if he had any idea on cost and he did confirm it would be at the $1300 mark as I had suspected based on their other kits. I then asked if we could get a GB discount if we had 5-10 people, and he said yes he could do 10% off with a minimum buy of 5. Since we already have this many people interested I think it is safe to say we have that discount. He should be receiving the ABS rings tomorrow or Wed and will send me a follow up on Thurs or Fri. After which if everything is good to go they can start building the axles for us. So that said total price is looking to be about $1170 + shipping. He did confirm that this setup will handle up to 600whp no problem. So get your money in order if you are serious as I expect to have the official GB thread started on Sat or Sun.

A couple of quick questions:
1. What makes these 3.9, and not 4.2 or 3.75 etc?
2. What will need to be done with our hubs/spindles to install these?

A couple of quick questions:
1. What makes these 3.9, and not 4.2 or 3.75 etc?
2. What will need to be done with our hubs/spindles to install these?

1. Not sure on their numbering system... I could ask if it really matters
2. Remove your old hubs off your spindles and install the new hubs that come with the kit. Nothing more then that.

1. Not sure on their numbering system... I could ask if it really matters

it doesn't really matter as long as they work :) but I wouldn't mind knowing how the rating system works...

I am taking my name off the list, something else has popped up that I cant pass up. I will be buying these axles later down the road though.

1. CSVT#49
2. 00StealthySVT
3. Morbid
4. BAD SVT
5. Sirmon74
8. mrspindlelegs

Alright guys this is going to work out. I'm now looking for someone to test fit these axles. Frank at DSS should have a set ready to go in about a weeks time. So if you are capable of installing these yourself in a reasonable amount of time please let me know. My transmission is currently being sent out to be built up to handle the 600bhp and obviously my engine isn't built so I am not capable of test fitting it myself. Please get back with me ASAP. Thanks!

Alright guys this is going to work out. I'm now looking for someone to test fit these axles. Frank at DSS should have a set ready to go in about a weeks time. So if you are capable of installing these yourself in a reasonable amount of time please let me know. My transmission is currently being sent out to be built up to handle the 600bhp and obviously my engine isn't built so I am not capable of test fitting it myself. Please get back with me ASAP. Thanks!

These are just about ready??? wow. awesome! I wouldnt mind test fitting them on my car. My only problem is removing the present axles from the hubs. I dont have air tools to be able to get them out. Unless someone can enlighten me on how to get that large nut off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back