• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC - Coil Over Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motocam360

CEG'er
checking interest to get a GP going for D2 or Ksport coil over suspension. Here is what I know:

D2 - purple, longer lead-time, approx. $50 more per kit
Ksport - orange, assembled and tested in US, about 2wk lead-time

Let me know who's interested?

Thanks,

Tim
'98 SVT

I think if you do a group buy on Koni or Bat will got more people, because i don't think everybody want to get D2 or Ksport
Also, Koni and Bat will get more people from non SVT

Tell me more about the Koni solution..... approx. price, lead-time, warranty, advantages over D2/Ksport, ..... and most importantly, which Koni dealer to you recommend?

Thanks,

Tim

D2 price is $875 shipped, with about 4 wks lead time. I need 5 people paid to move forward on this choice.

Thanks,

Tim

i paid 926 shipped for my d2's and had them in two weeks... just an FYI both k-sports and d2's are not made or tested in the us...both in japan.

just so you know koni's arent true coil overs like the d2/ksports and have no where near the adjustability

here, let me try this again, ID PREFER KONI... thats my opinion...

Ill be looking for a set shortly. Just trying to shop around but can't find awhole lot of places that carry ksports, or d2's.

i paid 926 shipped for my d2's and had them in two weeks... just an FYI both k-sports and d2's are not made or tested in the us...both in japan.

Neither of these brands have anything to do with Japan. They are both made in Taiwan, China, or Korea in the same place that manufactures many coilover brands. Most of them come from the same place.

I can also confirm that the D2's I'm running on my Starion were made and testing in Taiwan....they're VERY nice.

I was informed by a Ksport dealer that they are mfg in Taiwan, but assembled and tested in the US.

I do not know why everybody is so big on KONI, when they are a slip on design...not a full coil-over, which has way more adjustability....Am I missing something here?

Tim

I think the ksports have limited height in the front for our platform for some reason, and possibly ride harsher, but to me with an adjustable setup it gives you the option of ride quality to a certain point. I would like to know if the D2's have the same front end height problems as the ksports, all I have seen is that they are the exact same.

I will agree that the koni setup is not worth it, I have had too many problems with them in th 2k miles I have used them. I had to replace a strut already at my cost because of the NO warranty, and I think mine in the rear rattle over small little bumps. I will be switching to ksport or D2 very soon!

Assuming you want your car to be lower than stock I would not consider the Ksports to have any ride height issues. Yes they have the possibility to go very low, but you can also get 1.5-2 inches lower than stock without having any problems.

Assuming you want your car to be lower than stock I would not consider the Ksports to have any ride height issues. Yes they have the possibility to go very low, but you can also get 1.5-2 inches lower than stock without having any problems.

Not true.

Ksports and the D2's will start out about 1" lower then stock and only go lower. How do I know? I had them and then sold them. I'm running BAT's setup now.

My old thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back