• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: CFM Adjustable short shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker2

Official CEG Vendor
I finally got a reply back from them about what they can do for a group buy. If we get 5 or more people committed to they will be priced at $129.95 shipped. parts included are the adjustable shifter, the SVT Focus riser plate, longer bolts, grease, instructions, tools.

the shifter from this kit

the riser plate, bolts, etc from this kit

My original thread about this shifter

You do not get the reverse lockout delete as seen in the first kit however it can be added for an extra $19.95 ($5 off the regular price). the other option is to cut up your stock reverse lockout and use a set screw to hold it in place to hold the shift boot up.

At full height the throw is about 3". at the shortest height the throw is about 2". The feel at full height is very much like the stock shifter but much shorter. It is very precise but still light.

THESE ONLY WORK WITH THE METAL SHIFT BASES

if you have any questions feel free to ask. first one to say their interested needs to start a list.

Do you know how its pivot point compares to the Steeda and OEM shafts? Possibly pics with them side by side? When the Steeda one gained interest a couple years ago, there were some good pics comparing not only the overall length, but also the ball location and its relation to the bottom of the shaft.

Do you know how its pivot point compares to the Steeda and OEM shafts? Possibly pics with them side by side? When the Steeda one gained interest a couple years ago, there were some good pics comparing not only the overall length, but also the ball location and its relation to the bottom of the shaft.
If you can find and PM me the pic of the comparison between the stock and Steeda shifters i will pull this shifter this weekend and get similar pics and measurments with my stock shifter.

Edit: Nevermind, i found the pics. ill try to get some good pics in similar fashion soon.

What's the big difference between the Zetec shifter and the SVT shifter? Why can't we just get the SVT kit?

Also, I'm not really seeing any savings other than shipping is included. Am I just blind?

I am interested though.

What's the big difference between the Zetec shifter and the SVT shifter? Why can't we just get the SVT kit?

Also, I'm not really seeing any savings other than shipping is included. Am I just blind?

I am interested though.
The SVT Focus shifter puts the lower pivot ball pointed towards the passenger side while the regular Focus and all Contours have it pointed towards the driver side.

the free shipping and $5 off the reverse lockout delete is the best they can offer. I tried talking them down more but they just cant afford to go any lower.

im sorry it has taken so long to get these pictures but i finally got to it tonight.

The stock shifter is 5.5cm from the bottom of the pivot ball to the center of the lower mounting ball. the CFM shifter is 7cm from the same points. the best i can gather is that the Steeda shifter is 6.5cm (which goes along with what i had read about it being 10mm longer than stock). in order for the CFM shifter to work without adding washers like i did, CFM would be pressing the lower attachment on an extra 3/16" which is just under 5mm. so the lower section would be the same as the Steeda. however, the CFM shifter has the adjustable height of the upper portion so you can set it to whatever height is most comfortable for you. It also comes with the riser plate, you would have to make your own for the Steeda.

I will be sending them an email in the morning about possibly getting $10 knocked off the price to bring it down to $129.95 shipped plus the reverse lockout delete for $19.95 if its wanted.

on with the pictures.

Stock vs Steeda
steeda-stock1.jpg

steeda-stock2.jpg

Stock vs CFM
SSPX0269.jpg

Tallest setting
SSPX0270.jpg

Shortest setting
SSPX0271.jpg

<...snip...>
in order for the CFM shifter to work without adding washers like i did, CFM would be pressing the lower attachment on an extra 3/16" which is just under 5mm. so the lower section would be the same as the Steeda.
<...snip...>
Thanks for the pics and measurements!

Just to make sure I read that correctly, they're going to move the bottom part up a little so we don't need as large of a spacer? Why don't they just make a larger spacer? I see the increased pivot ratio of the CFM as a benefit over the Steeda (which I currently have).

Thanks for the pics and measurements!

Just to make sure I read that correctly, they're going to move the bottom part up a little so we don't need as large of a spacer? Why don't they just make a larger spacer? I see the increased pivot ratio of the CFM as a benefit over the Steeda (which I currently have).
they are planning on moving the lower attachment point up slightly so that you dont have to add washers under their existing riser plate (since the riser plate is for the SVT focus). I will ask them about just machining the riser plates out of thicker material. it shouldnt affect the SVTF guys and will allow us (the contour guys) to use the regular focus version as a bolt in.

latest email
CFM said:
We just recently ordered a new batch of shifters which include the spacers. At this time, I would not be able to order another batch of spacers unless we get 30+ orders on this group buy to justify it. I would also have to check and make sure that the extra 3/16" is not going to cause a problem with the SVT Focus. There are a few reasons why our shifter is better than the Steeda besides pivot distance. Our shifter is made from stainless, there are no welds to break, is adjustable and at its lowest point the handle is shorter than the Steeda which results in a shorter throw. For the price, it is a much better buy in my opinion...

Price updated. it will now be $129.95 shipped for the shifter. Its still an extra $19.95 for the reverse lockout delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back