• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Aluminum splitters by Autovation

Status
Not open for further replies.
one good question here is though where are we going to attach the struts on the bumper?

one good question here is though where are we going to attach the struts on the bumper?

same way as the photos. It will probably attach to the flat edge on the top of the grill opening. Hmm unless those arent attached to the actual bumper. I may have glanced at them too quickly...

For us, the brace would probably attach to the front frame brace... that goes across the entire length of the front of the car (behind the bumper). I would think the bumper cover isn't rigid enough in that area to handle that kind of load. Or... it might attach to the bumper itself, but I'd think that wouldn't be as good as the actual frame.

Very interested but those evo's ones are HIDEOUS. It has to be classy not ricey.

*Edit* Also pending price, you can get a peice of aluminum big enough for this for $40 bucks.

If people are interested in resurrecting this project, then please post a couple pics of SVT front bumpers from the front, side, and underneath (from below). Measurements would also be helpful since I don't own a Contour.

Darn. If only I had one of those on when that raccoon tried to run through my car. My car wouldn't be falling apart as bad as it is now...sniffle

Darn. If only I had one of those on when that raccoon tried to run through my car. My car wouldn't be falling apart as bad as it is now...sniffle

????ing raccoon took out my AAS bumper, grill, power steering cooler, and radiator. It also broke the outer mounting tabs to my brand new headlights upon impact. I ate the raccoon while it was still alive...mother ????er!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back