• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: Aluminum splitters by Autovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoopaCooga

Veteran CEG'er
After the Mirko GB closed, I heard from some people that they might be interested in an aluminum splitter. Our friends at Autovation said they would be happy to fabricate them for us if we sent them a cardboard template with measurements. Here is an example of the splitter they fabricated for the Lancer Evo:

SPMILA8SP%20install%201.jpg

SPMILA8SP-installed.jpg

Pricing would be dependent on the number of orders, but would be between 225 and 300.

Meh...I like Pole's better. Those stick out way to far and the struts look retarded and screams rice to me.

Pole's tuck very nicely and look great.

Meh...I like Pole's better. Those stick out way to far and the struts look retarded and screams rice to me.

Pole's tuck very nicely and look great.
I wasn't aware that Pole made a splitter... I thought he only made a skid plate for the Mirko splitter. :shrug:. The "struts" you refer to are braces to support the downforce. Without them, the splitter would break off. The stuff you're complaining about are really basic track aero mods.

Anyways... the larger size of these probably compensates for them not being lower to the ground. I'm sure they're still functional.

teamSVTtour said:
Those stick out way to far and the struts look retarded and screams rice to me.

This one sticks out just 3" and the struts are necessary to keep the aluminum from flexing. Eliminating those things would make the splitter non-functional and therefore ricey. As morbid said, Pole made skid plates for the Mirko splitter, as pictured below.

DSC04234.jpg

the skid plate has saved my a$$ plenty of times in the few months its been on, Just yesterday I had to hit my brakes so hard on the highway the skid plate/mirko was dragging on the ground. Poles stick out about 1/16th of an inch, just enough IMHO. 2-3 inches is a little much, its like buying a splitter for your splitter!

EDIT: So these do nothing for protection? They simply are going to somehow mount to the front of the mirko? The Evo pictures look like they just screw into the front of the bumper and those 'struts' hold it up and in place. This should be something to protect your investment, Mirko's arent cheap by the time you purchase, pay for shipping, paint, etc!

Last edited:
I don't think these are for mirkos. I think they are alternatives to mirkos. Which I think would be weird to do given the SVT bumper isnt really flat on the bottom.

the skid plate has saved my a$$ plenty of times in the few months its been on, Just yesterday I had to hit my brakes so hard on the highway the skid plate/mirko was dragging on the ground. Poles stick out about 1/16th of an inch, just enough IMHO. 2-3 inches is a little much, its like buying a splitter for your splitter!

EDIT: So these do nothing for protection? They simply are going to somehow mount to the front of the mirko? The Evo pictures look like they just screw into the front of the bumper and those 'struts' hold it up and in place. This should be something to protect your investment, Mirko's arent cheap by the time you purchase, pay for shipping, paint, etc!

This is a interest check for an aluminum splitter, not a splitter for the mirko. They are mutually exclusive.

And I'm interested (seeing as my CSVT won't be the family mover soon, it's time to have some fun!)

No, this would be in place of the mirko. Not an addition to it.

Yeah no kidding, just another person complaining about a product they arn't even buying.

I like the style on a silver car. Seeing it on another car...like a t-red might turn me off.

I don't think these are for mirkos. I think they are alternatives to mirkos. Which I think would be weird to do given the SVT bumper isnt really flat on the bottom.

That's my thought - how is the splitter going to work, since the center of the SVT's bumper rises from the edges? Would there just be a gap there?

That's my thought - how is the splitter going to work, since the center of the SVT's bumper rises from the edges? Would there just be a gap there?
it would probably be installed just like the Evo's. check out the back edge of the bumper, you can see that the splitter is not actually at the bottom of the bumper at that point but about an inch or two above the lower corner. this would put the center right at the bottom of the bumper in the middle.

SPMILA8SP-installed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back