• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: 3rd Heatsheild group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
got mine, and LOVE IT - How do you get that weather strip on???? those edges are sooo sharp that I can't push it down... hummmm - I'll figure it out.

Got my heatshield in the mail a few days ago. Looks awesome! That trim was something awful to try and get on but it looks much better IMO than without it. Getting around those bends was terrible!

I'll be installing it this afternoon :laugh: Thanks Pud!

If I had to put trim on anymore than 5 airboxes id have no fingers left and you guys woulda paid more :cool:

well i tried installing mine and after 2 hrs of fiddling i gave up it just did not want to work with my K&N intake. :( ill try something else but i was really fustrated today O well.

The filter you use should not matter, especially if its the typical RU35 like I have.

I tell people to loosen every clamp in the intake system, and start with the filter to maf connector. Once the shield is secure then work your way back twoards the throttle body.

well i tried installing mine and after 2 hrs of fiddling i gave up it just did not want to work with my K&N intake. :( ill try something else but i was really fustrated today O well.

think yours was hard, i have a pro-m maf, and had to take the sensor out, then drill out the rivits that hold the sensor housing on the tube, then install the pipe, and then rescrew the houseing and maf back on...

the reason why was that without doing it, the heat shield was sut too long, so now the filter, and part of the maf are inside the heatshield!

25713141841.jpg

Got mine the other day. From the sound of it I'm not looking forward to installing the trim...

It wasn't too bad, plus I think its worth it.

it wasn't to bad, took me about 30 minutes last night, I used a screw driver to open it up then pliers to snug it down after it was in place, and a hammer as needed to form and shape :laugh:

Jeez, I use my hands and can do it in 5 - 10 minutes.... It just makes my hands hurt for days on end after. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back