• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I think its a write off.

mbb41

CEG'er
Well it happened this morning on the way home from work. My boss asked me to drop him off on my way. I was on a 2 lane stretch and she was trying to make a left hand turn from a gas station. Traffic in the right hand lane had stopped to allow another vehicle to enter where she was exiting from. She without a clear line off sight decided to nose out into my lane. Her view was certainly obstructed by the van that as well was obstructing mine. She nosed out into my lane and I had 2-3 car lengths to react. This was not enough. I clipped about 6 inches off her front corner drivers side. I clipped my passenger side front end. Her car a 91 civic got off pretty lightly. The bumper skin and the driver side headlight as well as one park light and it could be repaired though it will likely be written off too. Luckily I missed the air bag sensor by a few inches so they did not deploy. My damage includes front bumper, park light, fog light, car bra, likely a bent control arm, popped out ball joint, front fender, slight dent to the rim, and the fender pushed into the passenger door. There is likely more damage but that is what I could make out this morning. All that adds to more then 2-3000 I'm guessing and my bet is they will call it a loss. I really hope not as we love this car and we know all the quirks to it. We really don't want to have to learn about another one. Anyway no one was hurt it seems and it wasn't the Contour thank god but still it sucks.

That really bites. Been a great little car.
Heres hoping the insurance company is kind...
At least, no one was hurt.

Yeah it has been awesome. Great on gas and I've kept it looking pretty good. Inside needed a cleaning but was waiting on the warmer weather. Hopefully I hear more on it tomorrow. In the meanwhile we have a G5 for a rental. Discount tried to stick me into a friggin Hyundi accident. I quickly informed them whom was in charge.

Glad everyone is okay too. Insurance companies suck! I just dealt with State Farm on my Fiancee's car. She was hit from behind sitting at a red light, damaged trunk lid, split rear bumper cover, right tailight disintegrated, and some RR fender damage. We drove it home and to the shop fine (no mechanical damage) and of course the collision shop that SF sent us to gave us this wild estimate of $4400 using used parts!!!! SF saw the estimate and wrote it off. Thanks for nothing. Wouldn't even let us get a second estimate. Unreal. Poor service, procedures, etc. So after paying off what was still owed we are left with $2500, and just a week ago we were driving a healthy 1999 Corolla that was nearly paid off and had 136K. F!#)&)%(%#@*%)@&(&$#(!&$()$&()@$&K

Thanks guys. Word from insurance today says it is more then likely a total loss. Luckily my insurance has already spoken with hers and it they are saying it is no contest. She was certainly in the wrong so at least we don't have to worry about proving that.

What a joke. They came at me with an offer of $1500. I've told them that is unacceptable and am awaiting their next offer. This came from my own insurance company too. Its not like they are the ones that will be paying this out. As I understand it they are working on behalf of the other parties insurance. I have looked and the cheapest certified Mystique I found was $2100 or so. Is it any wonder insurance companies are so despised? What was that report a year or so back where they had a profit of 5 plus billion?

that and we are REQUIRED to have insurance. I don't get it, when you do need it they don't pay you squat. Than after you claim they will raise your rates! What a joke is right. Sorry bout your troubles!

When I cracked up my old car, I just wrote it off. I didn't claim it or anything, figured the rise in rates would quickly null the 1000 dollars I would have gotten from them. Now I don't even worry about collision. I just get the liability.

Finally

Finally

Well that was a heck of fight. We were able to settle for a pre tax total of $2516. Pretty sad when you consider we paid $13000 7 years ago.

hahaha $1500 you should've have said just return my premium for the year which was more than that amount!!! :D :D

$2516 settled? What was the dollar value of the damage to repair? :confused:

One of our employess did $9000.00+ damage to his car and it will be fixed (2000 Buick) makes you really wonder doesn't it.

Sorry for the last bit of info. Can't wait to see your next modder......... :)

Back