• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i need tires!

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
don't move this thread please. its for twin cities guys. i need some 17" tires for my SHO. plz help! i like cheap used stuff :)_

I'll just warn you right now... you may find Mazda6 owners selling their 17" tires (Michelin Pilot HX-MXM4s). Don't buy them! I know I sold mine right away because I hated them so much!

They are also a rather popular OEM tire for other applications. AVOID THIS TIRE!

I'll just warn you right now... you may find Mazda6 owners selling their 17" tires (Michelin Pilot HX-MXM4s). Don't buy them! I know I sold mine right away because I hated them so much!

They are also a rather popular OEM tire for other applications. AVOID THIS TIRE!

i just went to a concert in my buddy's mazda 6 in our six inches of snow. i had to push his car about six times. no thanks on those tires!

i got tires. thanks guys. u pull 15" steelies with unusually good tires (some off brand though) for 40 bucks. all i had to do was grind down some of the front calipers so the big (mustang) calipers cleared!

I avoid Michelin's plain.:shrug: I just dont seem to like anything they have.

I'm happy with the Pilot Alpins I bought for winter use (they were out of the Dunlops I preferred). Just have to get them ON the car!

Did he turn off the traction control? It does more harm than good in these situations!

we tried with both. with the traction off, it seemed to go better :) once he was moving at city street speeds, we put it back on so he could control it easier. the car drove in the snow fine it didnt slide it just would spin. blame it on the tires 100%.

Back