• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I need more power!

I never said my mustang was the god of all cars. Im just saying its a better straight line performer than a contour. Having had both a "fast" contour and now the Cobra, i feel i wasted a lot of time and money trying to make a car that wasent meant to go fast, go fast. If i can help other people see the light, then maybe i can save them hours upon hours of working on a car and spending needless money.

what you are failing to realize is that here, on ceg, there are people who love their contours. hence why we are here... and we jsut want to make them as fast as they can go(at least some of us) its not about being the fastest car on the track, its about modding a platform that we like, some of us love, and being a member of an awesome community of likeheaded individuals.

i understand you back in the day may have had some good points, and helped a few people, and contributed to this community, but as a horse with a broken leg, you are worthless here anymore it seems.

This isnt mustang enthusiast group, and while there are some mustang enthusists here, this is all about the contour, mondeo, and mystique. Go where you are wanted, or at least quit being a pestilence here.

drama.gif

I'll race you in my Mustang.. :)

Dan when did you get a 99 cougar? I don't remember you having one before... Just picked up one myself actually ;)

BTW you traded me that old pioneer deck right? the one that didn't play out the left rear speaker for whatever reason? I just finished putting it in the third vehicle its been in since I got it from you (if it was you I can't remember...) :laugh: Still works great though :cool:

So when is somebody gonna help this poor kid with ideas on being quicker/faster?

Guess I'll jump in and start. One of my roommates has a pretty sick mystique he actually pulls me pretty good. I'd do some bolt on stuff that doesn't necessarily require a tune right away, like; SVT parts (intake manifold, lower intake runners, full intake, cams), lsd, and some other little parts. the smallest thigns make all the difference sometimes. Try grabbing a set of stickier tires, lose some weight out of the interior/engine bay, and try doing a tune-up. All these little things won't get you 200 whp but it's a start. Nobody I know has made a fast car overnight or even in a week (at least not one thats daily driven reliably). So just get out there and have fun and of course spend some money, lol.

O and Tourige if you don't know how to answer the question constructively just be quiet and let someone with half some sense answer.

dan i wouldnt even pull up next to you at a stoplight if you were in your cobra, in fear that you might want me to try and attempt to race you. maybe your old fastback would be fun from a roll....but i dont even know what's in that anymore

havnt read any of the thread so excuse me if i repeat anything:
for starters, you'll never get to 200 hp on your se motor without forced induction, or major motor work like porting polishing, rods, cams, etc. etc. and that AINT cheap... i'd concider re-installing your cat, or at least a high flow, no cat may actually hurt your perfromance, you lose back preasure, especially with an automatic you kinda want back preasure wich in lemans terms kinda translate to torque. porting your TB wont get you much but every bit helps i guess.

i'd recommend swapping over svt parts onto your SE motors, like UIM/LIM cams, TB, get some headers, high flow y pipe, and res delete with whatever muffler(s) you wanna run.

...for starters, you'll never get to 200 hp on your se motor without ...

at the wheel or at the crank? My SE with all the SVT bits hit 174 at the wheel making it 205 at the crank based on a 18% drive terrain loss ...

5.18.2007.JPG

Last edited:
Well.. he said "on your motor", so I would assume at the crank.. which you did.

Steeda's true dual exhaust was dyno proven to get an extra 15 hp and 20 ft/lb torque. That was without headers. Seems like an easy way to get some extra ponies for fairly cheap....if he even has any left over from the group buy. Throw some headers on there and I would bet it would be close to 25 extra hp.

Steeda's true dual exhaust was dyno proven to get an extra 15 hp and 20 ft/lb torque. That was without headers. Seems like an easy way to get some extra ponies for fairly cheap....if he even has any left over from the group buy. Throw some headers on there and I would bet it would be close to 25 extra hp.

yea those true-duals were impressive. look into it!

Thanks you guys for the great feedback you have been giving me. I was thinking if doing a small port job on my stock UIM outlets and inlet and in my inlets on my LIM with a bigger throttle body will make a big difference in power. Also right now I am running a 2.5 straight exhaust with no cat and apex1 muffler, by changing to a chamber muffler will that help me with more low end, im pretty sure that will create more backpreassure that the set up i have right now. THANKS :eek:

this is legit? Where is the link proving new exhaust piping gives 15hp and 25 ft./lbs torque? Is this combined with headers OR do you make less than this if combined with headers?

Ummm no! 25 hp from headers and true duals? You're on friggin crack! You know the highest 2.5 is 180hp to the wheels right? A stock SVT puts about 165 to the ground. Add 25 to that. If you think you can get 190hp with just headers and exhaust? You're the greatest CEGer of all time!

Last edited:
Ummm no! 25 hp from headers and true duals? You're on friggin crack! You know the highest 2.5 is 180hp to the wheels right? A stock SVT puts about 165 to the ground. Add 25 to that. If you think you can get 190hp with just headers and exhaust? You're the greatest CEGer of all time!

FWIW, Demonsvt was making 192 whp on his highly modified 2.5L.

Back