• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I Love My 15's .... Let the hatin' begin.

Scorpion8

Hard-core CEG'er
Okay, okay, everyone knows this is a SVT-snobbish forum, but then again many of us don't drive SVT's. For two years now I've been working on this 98 GL Zetec which I bought as a daily driver. No racing, no drifting, no rally or auto-cross. Just driving. I've fixed every issue it had. Not a single CEL, no mechanical device that doesn't work as designed. Added foglights, upgraded Mystique cluster, all new suspension, etc. The only issues were ever (and remain) cosmetic. So after many many false starts to try and find some OEM Aluminum rims, from the classifieds, local wrecked Focus's, and finally a metal-recycler crusher score.

Today I took the plunge and pulled the meats off (worn Michelin's on 14" steelies) and had new Toyo Eclipse's 205/60R15 shod onto the rims I scored. The wider wheel gives a much better grip, the stance looks better as there's less room under the wheel-wells, and the look of the OEM rims is just "right".

IMG_0619.jpg

So....SVT snobs and Duratec-owning "haters" can laugh, chortle, or bleep all they want. I love my 15's, and I love my Zetec!

Snobs :laugh:

Ive got a set of those that I put on in the winter months. Looks good!!!!

I just got a set of those for my Mystique this summer. My favorite non SVT wheels. i think they look better with the car lowered a little bit.

They look great on your car.

Thanks all. These cars in general have such a unique look that I love. And seriously, the Zetec makes me drive the car like what I bought it for - economy.

I hope he was just busting some bawlz because the OP asked for " hatin' " :laugh:

"Right here is the pinnacle of my achievement. my 1998 Ford Contour" Its got the 16v ZETEC BIIIITCH... imported from Michigan.

Last edited:
i like them. and if i can't find a decent set of 16" or 17" cougar wheels pretty soon those will be next on my list.

on a side note does anyone know of a CSVT owner in Alaska period. I mean i'm quite sure there is but are they on the boards

I've asked quite a few times. There are plenty of Contours up here, but I've yet to see an SVT even in Anchorage where 1/2 the State's population is.

I've asked quite a few times. There are plenty of Contours up here, but I've yet to see an SVT even in Anchorage where 1/2 the State's population is.

There is at least one. Can't remember his handle.

As for you guys who are looking to get 15" or 16" wheels, they can be had for disgustingly cheap. Just check e-bay, craigslist, the classifieds, heck even tirerack has good deals on sweet wheels in not-so-big sizes. You crap your pants if you knew what I got my Roh Reflex wheels with nearly new Nexen 2000 tires...

Back