• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I got sick of my headliner.

I took my time with it, but I imagine it could be done in a weekend.

On a scale from 1-10 for difficulty, it's hard to say because some spots were insanely easy, others though...:mad:
The hardest parts (depending on the type of fabric you use) was the indentations where the "Oh-****" handles go. They took a little longer because the fabric I used didn't stretch much. After some patience and a few choice words, they worked out.

Quite a few CEGers saw it this weekend and really liked it. :cool:

Here's the adhesive that I used. I found it at Advance Auto. So far, it's holding up quite well and survived a few 90 degree days at Carlisle.
adhesive.jpg

Nice work! I need to get a new headliner up in my car. Upholstery shop quoted $250 for plain grey mouse fur...and that's all they had :mad: The factory headliner is a nice woven cloth, just dirty...I'd like to put an Alcantara headliner in but something like what you did may just be perfect!

Alright, to give an update on it.

The glue I used on the main headliner is holding up fantastic! If you use the adhesive I showed in the picture, MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS. It's imperative that you let the glue adhere and cure, they estimate it should be good in 24 hours.

The ONLY problem I have right now is my sunroof tray. I cut some corners and bought some spray adhesive from Walmart. The brand is DURO, and the can says "All-Purpose Spray Adhesive."

Avoid it. I have to remove the headliner, oh-**** handles, and basically anything else that's attached just to get my sunroof tray out and use the original stuff I used on the headliner itself. It basically peeled apart on my way down to Carlisle, so I had an eye sore at the show. :blackeye: :cry:

I think I may type up a small how-to on the process of how to remove the headliner and sunroof tray. Pictures will probably be included. I just need to find the time to fix it. :laugh:

Back