• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I can't be the only one...

zorrex

Enjoys the Abuse
... to find an absolute CRAP TON of change in the seat runners :)

0603081523.jpg

I found a total of over $4 worth of change around the seat runner! WOW! :shocked:

That is a whole lot of money... I now make sure I take the change out of my short's pockets before sitting down in the car, LOL...

On a side note (aka thread hijack :p), one of these days when I clean the interior of my car I want to take the front seats out... It is just undo the four bolts and yank it out? The driver's side has the wiring for the seatbelt sensor too, right? About how heavy are they, I am no Mr. T
MrT_anim.gif
:laugh:

I recently put SVT seats in the front of my Mystique. There are 6 bolts as stated, they are 10mm. Leave the two connectors hooked up as you will need to move the drivers seat from front to back gain access to the bolts. Use a T50 torks (SP?) to remove the seat belt from the seat. The seat should be all the way raised in the back to allow you tool access. Delounge the seatback to the upright position and it will come out easily. Don't forget to disconnect the wires.

I had two heaping handfuls of change in that same spot on my 'LS. I didn't have to remove the seat to get it. The best part of it? It was all from the previous owner! :laugh:

Mark

i just cleaned out my brothers 91 chevy pick up and found $68 in change....... and that went right in to my gas tank on the contour!:laugh:

I'm a neat freak with my interiors so I never let anything build up anywhere. If I hear something drop, it drives me insane until I stop somewhere and grab it from under or behind the seat. :laugh:

My wife thinks the space between the seats and the center hump makes a nice napkin holder. It drives me :crazy:

Back