• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I broke this......UIM hose Help!

Thank you. I don't think I have any O-Rings... when I hold that little plastic collar down and slide the vacuum 90* hose end out, I can look down in the hole and see the end of that plastic retaining collar and then the machined aluminum intake manifold hole... I don't see anything else. I'll look closer when I get home from the office today, but I think that's probably the piece that I'm missing then. I can jiggle those lines all around when they are seated "properly". Does the new brass piece come with the O-rings and everything I need to fix this?

The brass piece stays in the UIM, the clip ring comes out the top with a little prying with a flat head screw driver from 2 sides and the o-rings you can try to pull out the top, but like mine, they are probably brittle and you should push them into the UIM and you can grab it there when your TB is off. Ford does sell the o-ring and clip rings and I would just replace them all.

I will have to look at it closer when I get home... I don't think I have the brass pieces... aren't they an update to the design? I was up at the Ford dealer earlier and after looking at many diagrams and print-outs, we were able to come up with a part number... F5RZ-2A411-A, but I don't know if that comes with a new plastic clip and/or a rubber o-ring. The plastic retaining clips on mine are fine, but it's obvious that the tubes, even when fully seated, are loose and don't seal well at all. What all does the "brass replacement" come with?

I almost forgot... also, are the two ports, the one for the brake booster and the one for the main vacuum splitter, are they the same size? The physical diameter of the tubing looks larger for the booster, but the elbows themselves seem to be the same size... are both of these the same size?

F5RZ-2A411-A is the insert that goes into the intake it self. It will come with a black plastic collar, brass insert, and o-ring. Te release the hose you press down on the black collar and pull the hose straight out.

The part # for the hose from the intake to the brake booster is F5RZ-2420-AE

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you Bill, I appreciate the information. Since I would like to replace this part for both the booster and the main vacuum line, do I just order up 2 of these? (F5RZ-2A411-A)

Also... do you have to press the brass collar into the intake? I would assume that this is a revised part, so do I need to carefully hammer this piece into the intake when I get it? Thank you again for all of your help guys.

Thank you Bill, I appreciate the information. Since I would like to replace this part for both the booster and the main vacuum line, do I just order up 2 of these? (F5RZ-2A411-A)

Also... do you have to press the brass collar into the intake? I would assume that this is a revised part, so do I need to carefully hammer this piece into the intake when I get it? Thank you again for all of your help guys.

Yes, would need to order 2 for the 2A411. As for removal of the existing one, I have never had to do it myself. You may have to ask one of the other guys on that topic.

Thank you Bill, I appreciate it. I'm sure it's not the metal insert that is bad, so really, as long as I can get the o-rings out without losing it in the intake manifold, I should be good to go with only replacing the plastic locking ring (they aren't even "bad" on mine to my knowledge) and most importantly, the rubber o-rings. Thank you again, I'm sure with the new bags of small parts and the car in front of me, I'll figure out what to do... thank you again for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

Thank you... I did see that thread actually but wondering why I need to even replace the brass sleves. I thought that there originally wasn't a brass sleeve in the intake and the revised part includes one... but maybe I'm wrong. I'm really only concerned in eliminating the bad seal that it has with my vacuum lines so an o-ring will do... but you have to buy the whole thing in order to get them. Are there brass sleeves that need to be removed to install different ones, or can I just install the new o-rings and clips (if necessary) and be good?

Back