• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HVAC? WTF Does that stand for?

Trademark

CEG'er
ok, first of all I'm really frustrated right now.. WTF does HVAC stand for? I've been searching for a How-To install my reverse gauges to the dimmer switch on my 98 SE and I can't find any helpful info. I only have the Power/Negative and +/- Dimmer wires to worry about and I can't find anything about anything on these things.. please help a frustrated fellow...
Cheers
Andy

heat, ventalation, and ac i do believe, it is climate control

get a wiring diagram of the dimmer switch and that will help ... otherwise with a test light find the 12+ volt and the variable line for the dimmer and most likely black is ground ...

I thought back in the day, brad noon recommended not to use the stock dimmer on indiglo (i assume he's talking about the reverse indiglo gauges) gauges...something about how it could fry the inverter?

In my install i just used the dimmer that came with the gauges...installed under the dash.

I just got done wiring the gauges. I wired them into the dimmer switch I just left the negative out of the picture. there was a black, red/white, orange/white I connect the ground from my gauges to the black and I connected the power to the red/white and I connected the positive for the on/off to the Orange and it all works great. I'm sorry to say that the forum was really no help to me with the wiring. but I figured it out. I don't see how the dimmer switch will affect the wiring.. but i guess if it goes out it goes out.. hopefully there is no fire involved..

Back