• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HVAC LED Install How-To With Photos

after playing around with 2 stock HVAC panels, a set of stock SVT gauges, and a stock headlight switch, i have decided to give up on using them. they are all just too thin. the headlight switch practically falls apart when you pull the face off. the film on the HVAC panel is just too thin. you have to only scrap off the parts directly behind what you want lit up. its just too small, just one little slip and you have taken off part of the black face and light will shine through where you dont want it. the same thing goes for the SVT gauges. while you wont be scraping off the black numbers, if you scrap off anything other than what you want lit you will see it through the white face. i do have one other thing im going to try with the gauges but im not sure how well its going to work.

the only option we have is looking like S&H autotrends. i cant even call the number they have advertised to talk to someone.

After doing my SVT gauges, I can tell you that I think Sharpies were made for thsoe slip-ups. I scraped a little too much in places and so I took a very fine sharpie to those spots. I can honestly say that light does not shine thru those spots and it looks excellent!

Now I have a secret for lighting them though. I will let it be known once I finally try it.

Does anyone have any contact info for s&h ?the website is down I tried to e-mail them and its comes up invalid .did they go out of business?

If someone has contact info that works please post,im trying to order a set
Thank you

I know I should probably start a new thread but you guys wouldn't have any info on what size LEDS to use throughout an SVT would you? Website, place to order or go to buy ?
Phone Number?

Back