• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hurst Shifter

cgumn

CEG'er
I have posted this in another thread got many mixed responces.. Took some work, but the end result is what I wanted. It does have the correct shift pattern and the "hurst" name on the ball and chrome shifter.

cimg0555.jpg

I was talking to Guitarman a few weeks ago about how I wished Hurst made a shifter for us. That looks sweet. It is a little tall, but that wouldn't bother me too much. Excellent work, any details of what it involved? More pics?

Yes, it's tall - but the handle is RIGHT THERE when you need it. No groping around when you have to grab for another gear.

More time for hands on the wheel = good.

Rally drivers and drift drivers have those foot-long gear shifters that sit only a few inches from the wheel.

It's definitely one of a kind. Did you just weld the Hurst bar to the base of a cut down shift lever?

Andy is on the button! The throw is totally muscle car. For all interested I will post more pictures tomorrow. The boot was tough but the fit and finish is factory look.

Back