• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How to drift a Taurus. This weekends Auto-X (Pics and Video)

SHOspazz92

CEG'er
With pics and videos of course.

This was the first points event of the season. The weather was cool but warmer then the last event. Having re-learned the car at the test and tune I was way less subtle with it. Having 5 runs, the first 3 were "throw aways" with the last two going for all out time. Terry (My Co-Driver, nc89sho) and I took our first 3 runs and really explored the limits of the car. Needless to say, it was HILAROUS. I have never had so much fun in this car. I also learned quite a bit about it and was able to push it fast enough to finish very well.

With that being said, The Car finished 10th out of 84 entries. 6th if you don't count the Karts. It's also worth noteing that the 5 entries that were faster (Car wise) was a 2008 S2000 (With 2 drivers) and a 350Z (With 3 drivers). Yea, the car is getting pretty damned quick. Anyways, Here are the pics (Taken by Ashley) and Video, Enjoy!

Here are the RESULTS.

Pics:

DSC_0161_zps58592dfe.jpg

DSC_0168_zpse1e1a0b9.jpg

DSC_0204_zpsee1b3eb0.jpg

DSC_0201_zpsa0144319.jpg

DSC_0205_zps74dd85d1.jpg
DSC_0209_zpsb50d5b3b.jpg

Video (Enjoy the drift Action). Watch in HD!

-Sam

isnt it fun to beat people in a car that shouldnt beat people. its this time of year that i wish i lived further south, only 4 more weeks for me

im guessing that you guys run a Pro class (PRO) and a street tire (TIR) index classes? running HS last year i was big into the index times, but this year running in SMF im going to get hosed on index so ill shoot for raw times

isnt it fun to beat people in a car that shouldnt beat people. its this time of year that i wish i lived further south, only 4 more weeks for me

im guessing that you guys run a Pro class (PRO) and a street tire (TIR) index classes? running HS last year i was big into the index times, but this year running in SMF im going to get hosed on index so ill shoot for raw times

Yes, we do run a PRO and TIR class/index. No one else really runs CP, so I go off RAW times. However I am under no impression that my car would be as fast as real nationals level CP car. The interior is just to far gone to be put in SM ....so CP it is.

-Sam

why the big wink mirror, do you road race it as well? that would frustrate the hell out of me, i cant get my stock mirror high enough out of the way

I'm pretty short so it doesnt bother me. This car has MANY laps around The Glenn and VIR but not for a long time. It has now been devloped for Auto X and will probably stay that way for a long while. I just don't have the time for long road course weekends these days.

Minus stickers, it would just looks so clean and badass for a 15+ year old Taurus. Keep rocking it at the track!

In the one picture, is that a Go Pro Camera on the trunk of the car? If so, post some video!

lol, The car will get a lot more stickers. This car just isn't driven on the street except too and from Auto-X events. And while the car looks pretty clean in the pictures it shows its scars, dings, chips, scrapes (proudly) from being a Track/Auto-X car for the last 8 years.

Must get a few heads turning taking the SHO out to events like that.

As soon as I get a good truck to tow with, the car is getting a few hundred pounds more weight taken out and proper Aero.

Those who know what a SHO is are just glad to see one. The club regulars got used to a Taurus nipping at there heels long ago. It's the n00bs in WRX's, GT-R's, EVO's and other "out of the box racecars" that get the shock and awe =)

-Sam

Back