• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How often do you wash your car?

How often do you wash your car?

• Once a week

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Next spring

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
It's the winter yeah, but it's hard to wash it when it doesn't move. :laugh: It's sitting beside a barn at my buddies house waiting to get a fresh motor.

i wash my car only when it rains. i also only water blade it then let it dry on its own. or i'll power wash it when its snowy at least once a week.

but in the summer i mequiars glaze it and yellow carnuaba it every 2 weeks. i claybar as needed. i also machine it as needed but only once a year usually. every day i spray detail it after the morning dew dries and i just let my microfiber float over it a few times a day to remove dust. i also clean my wheels every 2-3 days due to my track pads bein dust monsters. but here she sits!

0702070232.jpg

0629072234.jpg

467972289_689735bf05_b.jpg

i would highly recommend a similar practice on a black car. it has 115,000 miles on it now and she looks fabulous!

I wash mine once a week if now more often. I haven't done any waxing since it's been winter the whole time I've been driving the car.

The SVT has not been washed since winter started, but I only take it out after rainstorms, so there's no salt/dirt on it.
I got stuck behind at least six salt trucks on highways at various points this weekend :help: so the Subaru is pure white right now. I should get to a touchless sometime soon.

I'm looking forward to the warm weather so that I can take my time and do a nice, thorough detail. In the meantime, a touchless wash here and there does the trick.

been about seven months since i washed mine....its perty clean considering, i vacuum it once every week or so, im in it so much the inside might as well be clean

seriously, glaze and yellow carnuaba your cars, you would be amazed at how alot of cars will turn out. iv seen so many cars where people think their paint is done for and it just takes a machine, compound and some glaze and fabulous results can be achieved.

I agree. I had a Maaco/Earl Shieb $99 special on my old '86 Pontiac STE and while it looked like crap(literally turd brown!) most of the time, the days I'd get after it and polish it up it'd look really good, too bad it would dull out after a week of water exposure. When it was clean it was a pretty Maroon over Silver.

The Explorer has been waxed/glazed/buffed/claybar on a fairly regular basis and after 13 years and umpteen thousand miles on the road it still shines better than a brand new car. Just don't look too closely at the leading edge of the hood at all the rock chips/dents and a couple spots on the roof where the clear has clouded up.

As soon as the weather gets a bit nicer, the Contour will get a full detail, I still have to wash the jambs and shampoo the upholstery and scrub the panels to get all the dirt off. I also need to pull the hubcaps off and scrub front/back of them and paint the wheels black again.

My ancient but trusty 76 Chevelle had the factory paint and despite years of neglect I could buff it out and it'd look good despite being pretty well dead as the primer had started to turn loose of the steel. All the aluminum parts on it had lost their paint but I could get it to shine up.

Back