• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how loud will my car be?

cougarboy91

New CEG'er
hey everyone...i got a 99 cougar im swaping the 2.5 out of a csvt.now im port polishing the uim and boring out the lim. now im putting a borla xr1 exhaust and headers i also have a KN intake ram air system on it. i am also getting a 5 angle valve job. will the car be noticebly faster? and will it be loud enough to get me pulled over? that all im afraid of.

thanks

Are you using a resonator or not. That will have a big effect on the sound. It will also depend on how strictly the cops enforce that type of thing around you. Right now, I have the MSDS headers, a Thrush Glasspack instead of the resonator, and the stock mufflers. It's not too loud to be pulled over, but loud enough so that folks know it's not quite the way it left the factory.

The valve job will not affect the sound of the exhast, and the Air Filter will produce a cool sound for the intake, but will not affect the noise level of the exhaust noticably.

I have headers / y-pipe / straight thru resonator. It's not super loud, but you can for sure notice a difference.

Keep the resonator, otherwise the cops will pull you over for sounding ricer'ish.

Back