• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How I roll nowadays

You must live at home still :nonono:

This is one thing that does p!$$ me off. Some of my freinds do the same thing. Instead of saving up for a house (and now is THE TIME), they want to go out and get "new" cars and live at home. A good freind of mine two weeks ago bought a 2008 Merc Milan for $18K. She put down like 3K on it but she is still going to be paying like $350/month for 5 years. That is the same as my house payment. And what is going to happen? After 5 years she will have a $5-8K car. :shrug: She really should have just leased if she wanted a brand new car or find a decent return lease with 20K miles for $13K. Kids now a days. :shrug:

But the TT is a decent looking car. Always liked them when they came out, but a little smallish. Look like they handle good though.

Too many people in our generation are retarded when it comes to money, throwing away 13K to drive a new car for 5 years is insane. Buy used, and with the money you save invest in the car - aka go fast parts.

everyone has their own set of priorities...really no one else's buisness,even if you and i dont agree w/them.....not to offend anyone:shrug: he obv. needs something to drive on the daily...a csvt isnt ideal,no less a turbo'd one. while i do think he could of gotten something cheaper,who am i to say or criticize what he does w/HIS money???:shrug:

everyone has their own set of priorities...really no one else's buisness,even if you and i dont agree w/them.....not to offend anyone:shrug: he obv. needs something to drive on the daily...a csvt isnt ideal,no less a turbo'd one. while i do think he could of gotten something cheaper,who am i to say or criticize what he does w/HIS money???:shrug:

I just hate neg equity. :laugh: But you are right, it is his money and he can do whatever he wants with it

no,i agree,most of us would've chosen a different path. but on a brighter note..the -equity isnt ours atleast:laugh:

paying like $350/month for 5 years. That is the same as my house payment.

First of all, if you're paying only $350 per month for your house, then you really need to upgrade a little! :laugh:

Too many people in our generation are retarded when it comes to money, throwing away 13K to drive a new car for 5 years is insane. Buy used, and with the money you save invest in the car - aka go fast parts.

I don't understand why everyone is jumping on Rawburt (not directly referring to you kenny) for buying a car made about 9 years ago!?!? He didn't go buy a new car or anything... and it isn't like he bought a used lotus or something... were talking about a 8-9 year old audi! Even if he had gone and blew $35k on a new Evo or something, what do we care? I'd just be asking for rides. :shrug: :laugh:

Exactly, to each his own.

Last edited:
First of all, if you're paying only $350 per month for your house, then you really need to upgrade a little! :laugh:

I don't understand why everyone is jumping on Rawburt (not directly referring to you kenny) for buying a car made about 9 years ago!?!? He didn't go buy a new car or anything... and it isn't like he bought a used lotus or something... were talking about a 8-9 year old audi! Even if he had gone and blew $35k on a new Evo or something, what do we care? I'd just be asking for rides. :shrug: :laugh:

Exactly, to each his own.

shut up jeff!:laugh: besides, shouldn't u be working on a tour somewhere? :)

shut up jeff!:laugh: besides, shouldn't u be working on a tour somewhere? :)

Yeah yeah yeah. Can't a man have a break from these cars for at least 24 hours? :shrug: I actually have to drop the engine/rebuilt trans back in my t red so I can get the Black 00 3L project in the garage next. ;)

Oh we have been upgrading the house alright. It was a clean, solid house when we bought it but needed some updating. It was the right house at the right time. We should be building a new one with in a year or two out in the sticks. Bascially what we are doing is, we bought it to update it and then sell it as a 1st time home owners house that won't need updating (or at least not a lot).

She put down like 3K on it but she is still going to be paying like $350/month for 5 years. That is the same as my house payment.
wtf!
I'm paying more than twice that for my rather tiny apartment in friggin New Hampshire. Nearly 4x as much for my old place in Boston.

How big is your house!

wtf!
I'm paying more than twice that for my rather tiny apartment in friggin New Hampshire. Nearly 4x as much for my old place in Boston.

How big is your house!

you are forgetting that he is out in the middle of nowhere .... I pay alittle more then 2 times that for rent also a month ...

you are forgetting that he is out in the middle of nowhere .... I pay alittle more then 2 times that for rent also a month ...

My mortgage payment(with insurance and taxes escrowed in) isn't even double that, and I don't live out in the middle of nowhere. There are two factors:

1: Cost of living
2: Equity in my home

Mark

P.S. Nice looking car, Rawburt. Everyone does something different with their money. As long as you aren't the 40 year old virgin and living in your parent's basement, you should be okay for another year or two at home.

I'm not forgetting. I wouldn't be surprised if he was renting for that price in that area, but to own an entire house is amazing.

I was responding to post #21 by elraido. I'm not jumping on him getting a TT at all.

Yes I do live at home, and plan on staying for a little longer since I pay my tuition. BUT, I do have the money to move out, it just wouldn't be ideal with me living by myself. As soon as I find a roomate, I'm out! Either way, I'm 21, not like I'm 25 or anything.

Over 4x for me; Jesus this city is crazy...

Nice SVT. The TT earns a resounding "meh" from me, as it has since new - it just looks really bland. But hey, as long as you like it! And I'm sure it's great in the snow....

...wait.

Back