• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How do I find this overlay? (Not the gauges)

CruzCorp

CEG'er
100_0490.jpg

Does any one know if the white overlay for the turn signals and dummy lights still exist? I have looked and haven't been too lucky. I am not 100% if I even like them but it does look like an interesting Mod.

I already have the full indiglo set-up in my interior (Headlight, HVAC and cluster) it's just something I would like to find although I don't think I will. I have never seen a white overlay or a white replacement for things like turn signals and e-brake and everything else that is on the stock piece that is black.

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR GAUGE OVERLAYS OR INDIGLO OVERLAYS

I AM LOOKING FOR THE TURN SIGNAL INDICATOR, EMERGENCY BRAKE INDICATOR, HIGH BEAM INDICATOR, SEAT BELT INDICATOR AND THE OTHER DUMMY LIGHTS IN WHITE, AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE IN FIRST POST

Those "overlays" come with some indiglow kits. They are not overlays, but factory replacements that are still backlit. You probably can't buy them seperate..... :shrug:

Those "overlays" come with some indiglow kits. They are not overlays, but factory replacements that are still backlit. You probably can't buy them seperate..... :shrug:

Well that sucks then, the cluster in the pic is stock other than that part. But seeing how much is discontinued already. I hope to come across someone who atleast has it in thiers.

I too bought some of the 'old' indiglo gauges back in 2002 and they came with these. They looked cool cuz they were white, but the thing that sucked was when they lit up, they were still white. You could probably lay some green, blue, red, yellow, etc colored film over the back to fix this.

I too bought some of the 'old' indiglo gauges back in 2002 and they came with these. They looked cool cuz they were white, but the thing that sucked was when they lit up, they were still white. You could probably lay some green, blue, red, yellow, etc colored film over the back to fix this.

So I guess since I bought mine on e-bay that paticular overlay is probably on someone elses car or they just discontinued them. I hope to come across one, unless maybe someone reads this and wants to part with thiers :laugh:.

You sure it wasn't an overlay? Wouldn't the color of the stock piece shine through or no?

These are mine. They're overlays that came with a gauge kit I got from ebay many years ago. I have no idea from whom but with some searching you may have some luck. Since they're for idiot lights, etc, they won't normally light.

These are mine. They're overlays that came with a gauge kit I got from ebay many years ago. I have no idea from whom but with some searching you may have some luck. Since they're for idiot lights, etc, they won't normally light.

That's when I make a phone call for some different color LEDs, lol. I have been looking and when I got my kit it wasn't offered and I can't find it even with a kit. I may just have missed out on it by 6-7 years but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Back