• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

History/Future of SZ...???

Thank you for changing it and for editing all of the previous posts! You should really come to SZ, it's much more fun than the dells car show, trust me :cool:

I think I missed a few but no problem, and I just remembered why I started doing that :idea: . In another forum (where my habit began) it was hard to read my posts compared to others because of a small avatar and no picture below. Centering the words made it easier to read because it created a border of some sorts. Call me crazy but ???.....:crazy:

And on another note I just made up my mind on going to SZ, do I get my money back if I don't have a good time...? JK!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Don't worry about trolling. There used to be tons of SHOs to show up for SZ. I'm probably going to take my Maxima lol!

If the carferry wasn't so expensive, my g/f would have been bringing her 92 5.0 T-Bird also. She's trying to save her money cuz we've got big plans for it in the very near future :cool: Trolls are more than welcome. I haven't seen a SHO in good condition in person in a long time!

Well, historically, the earliest I can think it traced back to was 1999 when it was held in Springfield, Illinois and was held there for two years. If anyone has an earlier recollection, let me know. My first Spring Zing was the 2000 year and there were 19 Contours present. There were a also a couple of 2.5 RS Subaru Imprezas, so CEG trolls were welcome very early on, and the event was always intended to survive the fact eventually many would no longer have Contours. Unfortunately, I am still a bit infamous for the Dukes of Hazzard maneuver, and the dragon shirt (which still comes out for the banquet).

From there it grew and moved to Michigan for the 2001 year and was in the Kalamazoo area for the 2001 and 2002 years. 2003 saw SZ on hiatus when a Nebraska group intended to hold it and the interest was not there. 2004 saw SZ Detroit (or the Detroit area to be more specific). 2005 and 2006 were held in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Now, for 2007, it is moving again, to Grand Rapids, MI.

One thing that has not changed over the years and for many of us, the car changes, is that the people and the socializing is as much of the event as the cars. It's a great time just to kick back, be yourself, and have an absolute total blast! I'm always eager to get there, and wish I never had to leave.

SZ>anything that happens at the dells. Trust me I grew up in the UP of MI and lived in Green bay. Been to the dells many a time and It sucks compared to SZ

I surely hope there is a SZ08. I could not make it last year due to starting a new job and this year I wont make it as my first born will be here anytime. My wife and I already agreed hell or high water, if there is a SZ ill be there!

I've poured myself into my CSVT (still modding) and will continue to so. I'm one of those people in it for the long haul and I'll be dissapointed to say the least if SZ was no more and I did not get the chance to meet everyone.

Back