• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Highest Milage

I just hit 83,000 on my 00 SE. I'm assuming it's never been apart for anything .

The Explorer on the other hand...... has 227,000 miles. 3k on a rebuilt tranny, factory shortblock, new gaskets, except for oil pan.

I've got a buck twenty-four, and the car drives as well or better than it did at 35,800 -- the mileage when I bought it. :cool:

Wait. Did you typo and forget the 1 in 166,000? Or is it really having a buttload of problems at 66K?

The second...

Problems with the tranny (grind)... Has a bad wheel bearing (so far I have put 6,000 miles on it, LOL)... Something is wrong with the idle (who knows what)... The rear roll restrictor failed... Something went on the A/C pulley/clutch so that is gone (can not wait for summer)...

In my opinion this is a lot of crap for a 66,000 mile car... That is why I said the miles do not matter, the fact that it is twelve years old does :blackeye:

I am sure there is more :shrug:

137k plus change on mine. Other than springs, struts and the $700 alternator last November, it's all original...including the air filter. (kidding)

I sold my first Contour at 77K for that reason as well.

But that is usually around the time when you have lots of major components failing on you that need to be replaced. I went through the same thing with my car, but I stuck it out, and my car has been GREAT since last spring, except for the CEL I just got yesterday :shrug:

But that is usually around the time when you have lots of major components failing on you that need to be replaced. I went through the same thing with my car, but I stuck it out, and my car has been GREAT since last spring, except for the CEL I just got yesterday :shrug:

what you don't like your contour enthusiast light :laugh:

what you don't like your contour enthusiast light :laugh:

No I don't, cuz it's a code I've never had before! So now I have to go searching :mad:, lol. But if I didn't want an V6/SVT/3L so bad I'd keep this car till it died, and it wouldn't surprise me if this car could make it over 200k :cool:. I hardly have any serious problems with it to be honest.

Back