• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hid

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguyhooah

CEG'er
Has anyone gone ahead and started to sell HID kits on here or in their local area yet? I am wanting to post an add on Craigslist and see if I could sell some kits. I have seen many different kinds on here and was wandering If anyone is selling other than a real company. I also was wandering for the 35watt ballast, how much people are willing to spend (plus shipping of course). And if people are really turned off from buying Chinese products if the price is right. True Japanese products cost way too much to stock up on. Also will have a one to two year part replacement . Any info would help. THX

Well I am trying to get the slim ballasts with internal and external igniter, and after shipping to me is going to push close to if not right at 50$ per set depending on bulb type packing box wattage etc. I have found the lower end model selling for 30$ plus shipping on a website. I should be able to sell the low end for that price. I am trying to set up a deal with this company from China. I just need to find out how they will offer the warranty after I sell it. I have to get a huge lot too so that will suck at first. I am pushing for a small trial order to test out their product so we will see on that.
Ebay has quit a few going for 50$ and up for the base models so I think that should be where I start. I will let you know in a few days/weeks what I find out.

Honestly, an HID kit is something I would rather buy from an reputable company. I've had great luck with DDM. They also offer a lifetime warranty.

Honestly, an HID kit is something I would rather buy from an reputable company. I've had great luck with DDM. They also offer a lifetime warranty.

X2 on ddm tuning kits, but last time I checked they only had the raptor kit on there. Smokinjoe do u know if they still sell the slim ballast kit?

X2 on ddm tuning kits, but last time I checked they only had the raptor kit on there. Smokinjoe do u know if they still sell the slim ballast kit?

Straight from DDMs welcome pages. note the bolded. to me that says they will definitely be back, they are just in the middle of redoing everything and some things have not been ordered to refill stock just yet.
DDMtuning said:
Note: We are well into our planned realignment on product lines. Every day we are receiving more and more product lines and are working hard to integrate them into the system. This will be leading to some changes to our operation that you, our customers, will start to see online and at our retail facilities and warehouses. In the beginning, to deal with a new wholesale structure, you may see some long time products disappear temporarily from the website. This will mostly affect new customers; existing customers should be unaffected. If you don't see what you are looking for, create a user account and we will as quickly as possible set your account status and email you back. Also, we need to completely rearrange our warehouses to setup everything for new kinds of bulk storage. Assembly lines also must be realigned for small bin picking. Additionally, we will be moving many commodity items from shipping from our facilities to using fulfillment services before, during and after we reorganize. Its likely that we will also temporarily close one or more walk-in facilities for a day or two as we rearrange. Lastly, once we get all of this under control, there will be some more changes as we will be moving out of our existing location in San Diego, which is really too small, to a new location, probably in June. We are actively searching for a location near our current location to minimize disruptions to customers and employees. The existing San Diego location will be in use also until the end of July so there will be plenty of opportunity for everyone to know where we are going in advance.

Please bear with us during our online and physical remodeling. Our phone support for sales and customer service will not be affected. In the end, we will be all that much bigger, more efficient and as great a value as we have always been known for.

Personally, I know the Raptor kits work very well, and they still have a lifetime warranty. For $30 that will be hard to beat by anyone.

Yes,DDM is the company that I also like. But they have the basic version. Their lifetime warranty I don't think is offered through the original manufacturer to them. I think they are just trying to hook people up. Not sure though. Their kits are also Chinese like the ones I am looking at. My company is to offer a two year part specific replacement. I am mainly looking to do a local craigslist sales but will advertise on here as well. I will specialize in the slim ballast with built in ignighter and one with external. Also 55watt kits. The company just put out a 75 watt ballast. It is the same size as the original 35 watt. Anymore info would help and I will pm each of you as soon as I get the exact details . Thx

I will be ordering the slim version in each wattage.35-55-75 and In 3k and 8k. I want to test them out for at least two months before I try to sell any. I just reviewed the companies info and they do a full warranty for just one year. So that sucks. I am going to try to contact a few other companies to find out about other options. It also looks like the DDM raptor kit it the same as the basic kit it can get. And I could sell it for very close to the same price but not a lifetime warranty . I will keep looking though .

Ok, quik update. I have contacted a few Japanese companies and they are going to run 90$ for their lowest my cost and up to 550$ for nice high watt slims. Sooo I am going back to the Chinese companies.

Ok I have ordered a few test kits. I ordered the 70W 8k, 55W 8k, and 35W 3k. Their warranty is one year and these are the slim ballasts! The 70w will be original size though. The slim ballast should be with external igniter. It helps with interference on the slim kit. I personally like it that way. I can get the regular base ballasts for cheaper but I want to deal with these slims instead. My asking price is as not including shipping but I will offer the best I can find using priority with ins. at buyers expense. Starting price should drop a little as I buy bigger bulk but i only got four kits for now. They want a min of ten.
This is what I would ask if you want these kits.
/SET for 70w H4 single 8K, slim -------------------------------------------------------- $92
/SET for 55W 9006 8K, slim---------------------------------------------------------------$82
/SET for 35w slim H1 3000K---------------------------------------------------------------$68
/SET for 15w 6k slim universal reverse light w/ three base all including in kit -------$97
These prices are a lil bit more than most want to pay but these are slim kits and I did my best to find the best kits for under $100.
Let me know If anyone is interested. THX

Don't wanna ruin this for ya but I don't really think anyones gonna wanna buy chinese hid's with only a 1 year warranty on for a higher price than ddm tuning hid's that are lifetime warranty jsut because they are slim ballast....plus I'm sure ddm tuning is coming back with the slim ballast kit here shortly still under the prices you posted... just my 2 cents. Hope this helps before you order a big batch

I understand completely. The DDM hid are Chinese too. And I have figured that the best warranty they get from their manufacturer might be 18 months at best. I am assuming that they honor the lifetime through just them and piece out another kit to tell the manufacturer it was less than a year. Just my thoughts. I dont know for fact that's how they do it. If i a had a profiting company then I could offer that too but I am just trying to start at a craigslist level right now.I found many different manufacturers that sell very low cost products but this company has a better selection and a low defective rating. I an just throwing out some info and seeing if anyone wants to get any kits. The reverse hid kit us cool too. I have not sen many of these listed . Does anyone think these prices are fare? Let me know.

OK, Well I guess this just will not do anything for me on here. I tried. I will be posting on my local Craigslist soon so if there are interests look me. Thx for all the feed back. helpful or not. well.......not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back