• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hid ?

THETACHIchris

CEG'er
alright i was looking at getting hid head lights for the 1997 contour. and i cme across something that seemed too good to be true. a hid bulb that needs no external ballast and plugs directly into the stock harness. and its $15
are they too good to be true?

heres the link

alright i was looking at getting hid head lights for the 1997 contour. and i cme across something that seemed too good to be true. a hid bulb that needs no external ballast and plugs directly into the stock harness. and its $15

heres the link

don't mean to be rude but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFL!

Those are not worth your 15 coins....those are regular bulbs with blue tint/paint on them, they're worse than OEM...

all HIDs need balasts, HID bulbs are thinner and longer...google HID bulbs and kits.

There are kits that are "plug and play" per say, with no splicing required,...do some research

;)

heres the link

Yeah, thats defiantly not hids... try this guy. i bought my 10000k off this guy. might seem cheap, but they get ya with their shipping rates... still, with shipping it all came too 110$ across the canadian boarder.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...005QQitemZ150280704170QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

don't mean to be rude but....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFL!

Those are not worth your 15 coins....those are regular bulbs with blue tint/paint on them, they're worse than OEM...

all HIDs need balasts, HID bulbs are thinner and longer...google HID bulbs and kits.

There are kits that are "plug and play" per say, with no splicing required,...do some research

;)

i thought it was wierd that it didnt need ballasts and since i didnt know for sure i thought id ask, thanks for the help.

i thought it was wierd that it didnt need ballasts and since i didnt know for sure i thought id ask, thanks for the help.

no worries :cool:

If you want to go HID, it's best to retrofit your headlights first with projectors so instead of the light being all over the place(as it will be if you stick a xenon bulb in the headlight housing) you need to focus the light beam with the projector (the lens of it actually). Also HID bulbs with no projectors WILL blind most of the people coming towards you and will bother the heck out of those who you follow.

I'm a lazy bum and don't want to crack my headlights open so I'm swapping my regular fogs for projector fogs for all the light I need to drive.

svt_fan recommended a pretty good ebay store to get this kits from, make a deal with them as I think they overcharge in shipping.

Good Luck! :)

edit: at the top of the forums...under this lighting section you see the FAQ for lighting...clicky

to learn how to bake headlights open

and intro to hid

no worries :cool:

If you want to go HID, it's best to retrofit your headlights first with projectors so instead of the light being all over the place(as it will be if you stick a xenon bulb in the headlight housing) you need to focus the light beam with the projector (the lens of it actually). Also HID bulbs with no projectors WILL blind most of the people coming towards you and will bother the heck out of those who you follow.

I'm a lazy bum and don't want to crack my headlights open so I'm swapping my regular fogs for projector fogs for all the light I need to drive.

svt_fan recommended a pretty good ebay store to get this kits from, make a deal with them as I think they overcharge in shipping.

Good Luck! :)

edit: at the top of the forums...under this lighting section you see the FAQ for lighting...clicky

to learn how to bake headlights open

and intro to hid
hes got a 97 so the lights are too small and the lense is not clear for a projector retrofit. the pre98 lenses have "facetting" that helps focus the light and reduces glare. you can see pics of my old pre98 with 4300K HIDs in this thread.

Back