• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This or That?

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
I just got some extra cash on hand and wanna buy a quick simple mod for the CSVT.

am debating on either

9mm Ford Racing wires Red
or
Clear Mondeo sidemarkers

Which would you get and why?

i cant decide

Wires give add a good aesthetic look to your engine bay and actually make your car better.

by the way I Just purchased my Ford Racing Wires in red and am loving them.:eek:

- amyn

Yeah don't let the mod bug bit you THIS quickly. Besides, you MIGHT even be able to find a good set of sidemarkers in a junkyard if you look hard enough :shrug:. And spark plug wires don't really do anything for performance, it's all in the aesthetics...

Remember, Ford Racing wires seem to be hit or miss. Some can go with tons of mileage and no problems, others have failed under 20k miles.

I'd personally go with Magnecore. Better quality and fitment but higher priced.

Since they don't do anything for performance, might as well go all out and get the 10mm........cause bigger is cooler, right?! Muhaha lol

I replaced my plug wires at 124k with autolites(which I was overly impressed with the fitment) and noticed no difference in how it ran or performanced. I'd save the money for parts you'll actually need, or I'm sure there is something that actually needs replacing like some bushings.

Back