• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID pic request

ahowie

CEG'er
i wanna put an HID kit in my car soon.. i cant decide what temp i want. i was thinking about 8000k or even 10000k. not sure they will be bright enough though, can you guys post of some pics of your HID's with color temp.

If your looking to get HIDs for more visability, stick to 6k and lower. Anything higher you lose brightness to color.

But here is my 5k:

Halogen comparison:
P5210057.jpg

yea i looked at that... i just wanted to get an idea of what they look like actually in the cars. but the real thing i was wondering about is the brightness cause i have some Xenon bulbs in my lows now and i can barely see the road at night, its getting to be dangerous.

but thanks for the help guys, i think i am going to start looking for a 6000k kit.

i think i have an 8000k kit, i can't remember, but they are tons better than my standard headlight bulbs. Even is 8000k is supposed to be less light output, still blows oem halogens out of the water.

the "Xenon" blubs i assume have a blue tint. That is only for color, they can greatly reduce light output, sure they might look cooler, but functionally they're not good, and like you said, potentially dangerous.

I'll see if I have any pictures of mine later, but I'm not sure.

I'm running Phillips 5000k D2R with Hella Gen 3 Ballasts. They look awesome and give it a nice clean factory look. The light scatter is absolute crap though. I thought it was good until I compared it to my IS300 factory HID's.

I'm definitely going for projectors this year.

Back