• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID help

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
well im tryin to install my HID i just recently purchased. from my knowledge they are from the last group buy. they seem to squeel while they are on and then after a minute one bulb will start to flicker like a strobe light. the other bulb when i tested it gets brighter and brighter until it acts like its about to blow. atleast thats what i thought so i turned them off before i could find out. any help guys?

i can tell that its a different color. but ill find out for sure on my way back to school tonight if their brighter or not. i just leveled them back out again too

Mine did that too. They need to be hard-wired to the battery with a direct wiring kit. They won't work right being plugged into the headlight socket. Hopefully, your kit came with the wiring. If not, look for one on eBay or contact the manufacturer. It's a whole set up with a relay and stuff, and is all plug/play.

The whine you're hearing is the high voltage and the ballasts starting up the bulbs.

Mine did that too. They need to be hard-wired to the battery with a direct wiring kit. They won't work right being plugged into the headlight socket. Hopefully, your kit came with the wiring. If not, look for one on eBay or contact the manufacturer. It's a whole set up with a relay and stuff, and is all plug/play.

The whine you're hearing is the high voltage and the ballasts starting up the bulbs.

mine do not hardwire to the battery and i haven't had any problems with them. I do know that it isn't as consistent of a voltage, and i've had these for a year or so.

mine do not hardwire to the battery and i haven't had any problems with them. I do know that it isn't as consistent of a voltage, and i've had these for a year or so.

It must depend on the brand. Mine worked fine for 4 months. Then they crapped out until I hardwired them.

Mine work perfect being plugged into the stock light harness. I had to plug one in backwards in order to get it to work. Kinda strange but they both work now.

Back