• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hi all, Im from Michigan too!

the e brake had siezed rear cables. the driver side isn't connected period. the subframe holds the arms and isn't damaged there. its just dented in a tad closer to the passanger side in its center hump.

IMGP1195.jpg

see the exhaust hangar in the center hump of the rectangular subframe. right around there. its just ugly looking i suppose. i filled the trans with Syncromesh when i did the job. drained it completely. i'm confident that trans will hold up being from a non-svt. lol.

The rear brakes are newer than the front. i don't know about the caliper piston seals but those rear calipers had the motorcraft hardware kit installed which includes quite a bit of stuff..for example:

384733_311473778893372_100000922572727_977938_1007908453_n.jpg

does not include square cuts or dust seals...or ebrake springs though.

Curious what makes you concerned about the braking? Whats it feel like? I can tell you the passanger rear lost a pad in the past and they put 1 new rotor on it. hence brown wheel.

If your puttin a stereo into it...hop on Rockauto and get the Motorcraft Battery cables. they are 67 bucks. new 4-6 quage cable from alt to starter to battery, new terminals, new negative to chassis cable with terminal. I'll whip you up a 4 gauge powertrain to battery ground, and you'll have your big-3 ready to go.

Sweet, sounds good was planning on the big 3 anyways. When I break backing up, loud noise comes from the back, and when I break hard, the peddel bounces(idk if thats just like the abs though, but it bounces far when it does lol.

I do like the car, its alot of fun, and I think I will enjoy this more then the mustang.

Well, goin for another ride in now, takin one of the kids to go see my dad for a lil bit.

Thanks, be back soon.

Oh nice, I have not had a chance to really look under it yet, but I will tomrow and Tuesday. Tuesday is stereo day, and tomorow is vacume leak/maybe 02 sensors/and tune up day. Also, have to do crank sensor and cam sensor on the wifes cavalier tomorow.

Nice im off auburn between dequindire / Ryan. I wanna check out ur ride. There is a t red with racing stripes and a big wing in my subdivision that hasn't moved since I lived here. I might go knock and see what the deal is with it!

lmfao how this car seems to make its rounds around here in michigan. and if steve can not help you out im only about 20mins away from his place also

lol, my car? you guys making me second guess my buy lol. Should I of waiting for a better one to come around? I like the car, but now knowing its not the svt trans(gona have to look into the differences when I get home) it makes me not want to get on it much anymore(though I still did).

This car at 120mph, is SOOOO much smoother then my foxbodys ever were at that speed.

Put about 130 miles on it today, ran great.

i wouldnt go that fast with studless snow tires in the rear. svt trans has no difference. only difference is this car has a non-svt left rear strut/spring assy.

The only thing really wrong with this car is the aesthetics.

I seconded guessed my buy. The kid before me broke a bunch of interior pieces, cut the mufflers off, broken hanger, rear Trans mount wasnt attached, secondaries werent hooked up, battery relocation kit was junkkkkkkk car would barely start, there is more I just try to forget... All 100 percent now. Well my GF backed into it 3 days ago , dented my hood busted my grill and scrached my bumper.

The selling point for me was the nice ass body, Quaife diff, HMS Trans...

No, I'm def happy with it. I sold my mustangs when our first kid was born, so its nice to have something like this, that I can still put in a carseat if i have to(well, two).

It is running much better, going to get the other 02 sensor tomorow, and replace both the upstreams I hope by this weekend. I have read about doing these on here, both going from under and from above. I think I will try above and see how that goes, maybe clean the uim and tb and what not while I'm back there, plugs too maybe wires, oil/filter. Though I will prolly wait on the uim/tb until next go around, and just get it running right for now.

If your puttin a stereo into it...hop on Rockauto and get the Motorcraft Battery cables. they are 67 bucks. new 4-6 quage cable from alt to starter to battery, new terminals, new negative to chassis cable with terminal. I'll whip you up a 4 gauge powertrain to battery ground, and you'll have your big-3 ready to go.

I found that there was 4 gauge lines in this car, so I took them out( 'cause I bought new ones lol), and was thinking about useing the old ones for the big 3. Think the ground is long enough, if not I will just loom it with black. Do need some 4gauge ends though.

Back