• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hey Nashua here

hrrmm...i might be up for that show too.
we get back from Aruba the monday before.

Last edited:
running around in a champagne beige 96 gl v6 at.

I just took a second look at this post and it made me wonder...I was unaware that the GL trim level came with the Duratec? Am I just stupid or something?

Quote from Wiki:

Initially, three trim levels were available; a base GL, a more luxurious LX and a sporty SE trim. A 125 hp, 2.0 L Zetec inline four-cylinder engine was standard on the GL and LX models, while a 170 hp 2.5 L Duratec V6, originally designed as a Porsche project before it was sold to Ford, was standard on SE models and optional on the LX model. A 5-speed manual transmission was standard on all models, with a 4-speed automatic as an option. Prices ranged from about USD 14,000 for base GL versions to just under USD 20,000 for an SE with all available options.

nope, for the pre98s the duratec was an option that you could get, you didn't have to have a SE or LX to get a duratec ... just like you got 4 wheel disks with any V6, mtx or atx and in the post98 cars you have to have a 5spd to get 4 wheel disk brakes ....

meet up with Skunk some time and look over the brocures for all of the years

Congrats on 10,000 posts Kim :laugh: .

But, optional on the LX model is what Wiki said...standard on the SE, optional on the LX. No worries, though :cool: . I guess I'm just jealous cuz I have the Zetec VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Back