• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hesitation/bucking is back

GETSUM111....

did you ever fix your problem....i have been beating my head against a rock for a couple of weeks now trying to fix the exact same issues!

Mine is back too. Last year it turned out to be #6 injector going bad. I'm geting rich bank one so I guess another one is on the way out? I figured ignition misfires will read lean due to the O2 not being consumed. Leaky injector will throw too much fuel or fuel all the time. I think it is almost time to jack up the license plate and drop another car in the spot.

You know, I've been having that same problem. Only thing is... it works when it's full tank but once it gets down to about 3/4 tank it'll show signs of it and progressively get worse as the tank is diminished. Now, I've spoken with a friend who know cars as much as any mechanic and from what he tells me is that my kind of fuel pump is the kind that either works, or it doesn't. In which case my car wouldn't start. One other thing: does the rpm problem I've been having have anything to do with it too? The rpm problem being that most times when I put it in neutral while driving the rpm's will either stay where they are at for a few seconds or shoot up about a thousand rpms and then slowly go down. Man my car has problems haha. Please pm me if you have any thoughts.

Back