• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help with Engine Swap.

99RedCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I live in Lawrence, KS. I have a dead 99 T-Red CSVT which I purchased for $20. Has a bad motor. Got a short block. Now comes the fun part of swapping it out. Tranny was rebuilt 2 months before the car blew the motor. I got a good deal. Now I have a garage to cover us from the weather. How long would it take? Weekend? Got plenty of room to crash if needed, and beer will be supplied. I need man power, cherry picker, and engine stand (i might have one lined up.) Let me know what you guys think? Plus if I need anything special?

No typo. The guy just wanted to get rid of it so bad. He was going to give it to me for free then he said, well $20 just so he can get some lunch. Crazy, I know!

I'll double your money & come out there & pick it up so you don't have to go through all the hassle of swapping the engine!! :shrug:

Nah, I'm becoming more and more intrigued with the CSVT as I keep reading up on it. Plus, I can't go back to a 4 cylinder. Plus Plus, i don't mind going through the trouble, had a '00 and loved it.

Back