• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

We should have these in the States!

They have those around here for some of the bus end-stations. Looks dangerous, but people really should be paying better attention.

not going to watch this at work but is this the video where the post the retract into the ground for busses or service vehicles start coming up and people hit them because they are not paying attention?

not going to watch this at work but is this the video where the post the retract into the ground for busses or service vehicles start coming up and people hit them because they are not paying attention?

yes sir.

we have them in the UK, and they are clearly signposted where they are, so no risk of them going through ya car, only ppl who are stupid enough to think their car is quick enough (and are almost always wrong, depsite the attempts) get hit by these

we have them in the UK, and they are clearly signposted where they are, so no risk of them going through ya car, only ppl who are stupid enough to think their car is quick enough (and are almost always wrong, depsite the attempts) get hit by these

Are they traffic control for all vehicles, or do they allow ONLY busses through??

They work like garage doors. You have to have a remote or some kind of a transmitter to get the pylons to go down.

I read an article somewhere about them last year. The transmitter is wired into the vehicle so they lower as it approaches. I think city vehicles may be wired for it as well as the busses, IIRC. I dig 'em. Well, really, I dig the carnage that happens when idiots try to squeeze through.

Are they traffic control for all vehicles, or do they allow ONLY busses through??

the only vehicles allowed to go through (buses, taxi's and emergency vehicles mainly) have a transmitter in them, when they approach, the bollard lowers, then raises as soon as it has cleared the area

oh man when those come up under the car that has to some damage:laugh:

Hmm, if the vehicles allowed through would pause a few seconds after they cleared the posts it would cut down on dummies trying to tailgate. OTOH that wouldn't be any fun. It's probably a laugh to see how many civilians get buggered on the posts. :laugh:
Karl

Back