• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help......Need to move my cougar

zerofx1978

New CEG'er
Hey guys. I'm trying to get my cougar "blown head gasket" down to Sam to have a 3l swap done. I'm having a problem securing a truck that I can hook up a car dolly to move it. I live in the Tampa area and need to make it to just outside of Miami. Can anyone help?!?!?!?!?!? Thanks in advance.

you could rent a Uhaul pick up $20 a day plus $.59 a mile gets pricey but it's not too bad for 1-200 miles. only issue is you have to return it where you got it. So it'll probably be cheaper to rent a 10ft truck costs the same but mpg sucks (chevy's LMAO).

it's about 300miles one way so the pick up would be too costly. as a last resort i plan to rent a pickup truck from enterprise on a weekday on my spring break but that's at the end of the month. hope to find some help sooner. can't do it on a weekend with a rental truck because wouldn't be back in time to return it and all are closed on sundays.

any help would be well compensated, I've been a member of neco since it started and just recently became a ceg member referred by my wife's long time friend Greg (Icefury).

You could take a 1 way trip with the uhal so $170 to rent plus gas then you could fly back probably $50-100 for the flight.

Wish u would of said something last week we just came back from Sam's we could have scooped u up .........

Back