• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help me find a parts number!

The Digital Slacker

Hard-core CEG'er
I am looking to do something unique with some electronics. I really don't like drilling holes into my car for an on/off switch so I was thinking... why not try to locate the t/c button that goes next to the rear-window defrost button. Granted, it won't run traction control, but it should be simple on/off button and thats all I need it for.

I am looking to do something unique with some electronics. I really don't like drilling holes into my car for an on/off switch so I was thinking... why not try to locate the t/c button that goes next to the rear-window defrost button. Granted, it won't run traction control, but it should be simple on/off button and thats all I need it for.

I would be interested in knowing that number also ... have you tried pming Bill and asking?

So how'd this turn out for you? I was thinking the same thing. I went to the junk yard and got a couple of these switches and an extra pig tail for them. What I think you'd need, to have this actually switch something, is for it to go to a relay as I think the switch is a momentary type, not a contact type.

What did you find out about it?

Back