• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HELP in Spokane!!

bobmin

New CEG'er
I live in Portland and my daughter is going to school in Spokane. She has my '99 Countour at school and last night she hit some ice and slid into a curb. She got the car home (all of two blocks) but says the steering feels "funny" and the right front wheel is cracked. I feel so helpless with the car so far away, I don't know if it just needs a new wheel and an alignment or major suspension parts. Is there anyone in the Spokane area that can take a look at it? Also are there any good sources for used parts in the Spokane area? She will at least need a new wheel (8-spoke alloy).

If anyone can help please email me

clackminor@verizon.net

or call my home # 503-698-5626

Thanks.
Bob Minor

Never mind

Never mind

Looks like we're under control. She did bend the control arm but the rightside is easy to replace and I found a used wheel for $65. She took it to Mechanics Pride in Spokane, anybody familiar with them? Are they honest and won't rip off a mechanically ignorant college student?

Cars fixed now. I think they were fair but you never know about a shop you've never visited. The total damage was the wheel, control arm AND...the subframe! They didn't see the damage to the subrame until they went to align it and it was off an inch and a half. They got a used one for $280 and installed it for another $280. That had to be a big job, the labor seemed more than fair. My daughter picks it up today but they said it aligned perfectly and test drove great.

Back