• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

heat pump lol

i ended up selling the m90 unit. it looks like its going to be just as much fab to just build a turbo kit which would give a better result. the clutch went in great and is working wonderfully. i may still do a supercharger, but if i go through all this trouble, its going to be for a m112 unit from a cobra, with an intercooler and all that jazz. sorry to dissapoint

was it actually possible to route a driveshaft across the front ? Do you need an MSDS modified header ? ..and were you removing the A/C to mount the belt pulley ?

p.s. glad the clutch went ok... real downer to have to do it twice ... G.

Aww, you gave it up? I was going to suggest that instead of trying to make a complicated tensioner and pulley setup, just use a U-joint on the jack shaft and drive the s/c directly.

Tricker,

Buy the Vortech V9 in the classifieds for $600 and hit me up for the brackets. You can get a setup for very cheap going that route. That Vortech headunit is normally $2k. I can sell everything without the headunit for $2k. If you only want the brackets and want to fab up your own intake/coolant/oil lines I can go cheaper.

Tricker,

Buy the Vortech V9 in the classifieds for $600 and hit me up for the brackets. You can get a setup for very cheap going that route. That Vortech headunit is normally $2k. I can sell everything without the headunit for $2k. If you only want the brackets and want to fab up your own intake/coolant/oil lines I can go cheaper.

damn that's tempting. i want one but i tell you what i'd almost rather just bust out the 3200 or w/e for your whole kit, bolt it up, and drive to my tuner and get it tuned. for a little more money, i could gain 75 or more HP in a weekend's time. i've got lots of projects right now and i need to focus on one at a time, and sadly the contour isnt the main project right now.

i've got a mint condition 1975 yamaha xs650b my dad gave me which i've wanted to get going for years. thats almost ready.
my 2004 ZR900 EFI (snowmobile) has the 136" track and extension, but i want to redo the suspension geometry in the rear and pipe that and get a boss seat for it.
my 2003 james bond edtion ski doo REV is going to be an asphalt sled. i need to finish an engine for it, get pipes made, and an asphalt suspension and track.

also i want to get another snowmobile for a spare, probably another REV chassis 800.

once my snowmobile makes more power than my car, i'll be getting some boost on it (next year probably!)

Back